AgathaRoza

Author: AgathaRoza

Books Well-Known for: ENTWINED and The Bad Nerd Boy  trilogy.

How long have you been writing? For about 10 years now since that time I picked up my first journal and wrote things that never actually happened.

What do you love about writing? There are far too many things I love about writing, one of them is being able to create my own ending. Sometimes when I read someone else's book, I was unsatisfied with the ending (probably how my readers feel too when reading my book, welp) so I always thought of alternatives and constantly asking myself "what if". Other than that, life has been tough for me. My mom had cancer a few years back and my father is addicted to smoking. Writing has been my solace and escape. Nowadays when I face trouble in life or life has been throwing bad stuff at me, I will open my journal (which filled with story ideas than my own life story) and write.

What's your favorite genre to write and why? Young Adult / New Adult (Romance, Mystery, Fantasy/Mythology). I have not tried writing books with adult characters yet, partially because I am not an adult yet, even though my age does not make me a teenager too 😂 but writing these YA stories makes me look back on my high school experience, what I've experienced and what I wish to experience. Those two are usually what you can find in the pages of my books.

Do you have any advice to offer aspiring authors? I am an aspiring author myself. I always consider myself as a noob, mainly because I want to continue learning and improve my writing. So as advice goes, I would say, "Always write and never give up. Read a lot of books too but find your own style. Your writing will get better, and when you look back at your old writings, you will learn how far you've gone. Have a faith in yourself and your work. When you are passionate about something, no one can take that away from you and one day, you will succeed as long as you have faith and work hard."

Do you plan to have a future involved with writing? Yes, I do. Although as they all said, we never know what will come in a year or two or ten. I will continue to write and hope that one day I could see my name on the front page of a book in a bookstore somewhere.

What project are you currently working on? I am currently writing the third story in the Entwined series called Engraved while doing my NaNoWriMo project. I also need to re-write Entwined. There are so many things to do, so little time. Hopefully, I'll manage to follow my schedule and be able to finish everything.

To conclude the questions today, can you tell us a fun fact about yourself? I am not sure if this would be considered as "fun" but I am a Chinese who can not speak Chinese, not even to save my life. I made a blog and posted my stories when I was thirteen and recently stumbled upon that blog. I wanted to delete those embarrassing, poor-written stories but I no longer have access to that Gmail account so I can only pray no one will ever find out. I dreamt the concept of Entwined back when I was fourteen and wrote it in my journal (and forgot about it) then I had another dream when I was twenty-one, but this time I decided to follow my guts and actually wrote it.