Evethespy

Author: Evethespy

Books Well-Known for: Waffle Cones and Eyes Drops.

How long have you been writing?I've been writing since 2015, so almost four years.

What do you love about writing?It gives me creative freedom to breathe life into characters who share my quirks. I love sharing stories with the world, watching them inspire and give as much joy to others as they've given to me. Plus, my English grades improved after I started writing. It's a fun way to study, as opposed to pressing a textbook to your forehead and hoping the information diffuses into your brain.

What's your favourite genre to write and why?Humour is where I started from, and it's still dear to my heart. I'm quiet and reserved in person, so it's nice to explore a different side of my personality online. I loved writing my dialogue stories, but that may be because I'm too lazy to write entire novels. Also, in recent years, I've come to embrace fantasy and adventure. Curling up with a warm drink on a rainy day and reading a fantasy novel is my idea of paradise.

Do you have any advice to offer aspiring authors?A small, dedicated readership is just as valuable as a large audience. You are not defined by how many people read your story. If you write from your heart, then you are a great writer, regardless of views. We all have our unique voices, our own stories to tell, and as long as you enjoy sharing them, that's what matters.

Do you plan to have a future involved with writing?I'm in writing limbo at the moment, but I'll be giving offline writing a shot. I'm pursuing a career in neuroscience, but I'd love to keep writing as a hobby.

What project are you currently working on?My main focus is a fantasy novel called How To Avoid Bad Luck. I also have a teen fiction novella coming up. I'm hyped about both of them!

To conclude the questions today, can you tell us a fun fact about yourself?Over the past year, my accent has become a convoluted mixture of Kiwi, Australian, English, and American. Americans keep asking me if I'm British, Brits keep asking if I'm Australian, Kiwis keep asking if I'm American, and Aussies keep asking if I'm Kiwi. I get different answers from everyone!