HermyneKhaling

Author: HermyneKhaling

Books Well-Known for: Silhouette and Yours, Raven

How long have you been writing?

I've been writing for a very long time. I remember writing when I was probably in third grade (: back then when I was deep into barbies and princesses. I merged Sleeping Beauty, Snow-white and Cinderella into one little story and called it "Princess Ella" haha. I used to write little stories like that and gift them to my friends as birthday presents. Theeeeennnn, I stopped writing for a while . . . years actually. I don't know what happened. I started writing again in seventh grade. Since then, I've always been writing. It's been about ten years now.

What do you love about writing?Making my readers laugh and cry. I laugh too when they laugh. And I rock and dance (celebrating) when they cry 😂 I'm evil. I just love everything about writing. It gives me reason to go on, to keep on living. It makes me feel strong too. I love sharing my thoughts to the world through writing and if somebody else enjoys it too and if I could help someone get through a hard time by having some fun reading, that's what I love the most. I think that's what I write for. To have fun with y'all. I write for me and for you.

What's your favorite genre to write and why?My favorite genre probably is Teen Fiction and Romance. I love writing these genres because I find them relatable, especially to the younger crowd. I mean, it's not possible for my readers to relate to the whole story but I'm sure that at least at one point of the book, they'll find themselves relating to it. So, that's why I love these genres because I want to write about things that could relate to my readers. But I'm not limiting myself only within these genres, I'm thinking of many other future projects of different genres – fantasy, horror, science fiction. I love trying new genres or putting them together in one story.

Do you have any advice to offer aspiring writers?Keep reading and writing. Be dedicated and don't be afraid to share your words. Write what YOU LOVE and always stay true to yourself. Do not be afraid to write crap because we, writers, have a special weapon called "editing". So don't worry, you can always correct the errors later on haha. Just chill and write. Don't let them pull you down. It happens. We all make mistakes. We all have to start somewhere and keep learning. There is always room for improvement. Ignore haters but don't get mad at 'constructive' criticism. They'll help you. Enjoy and seize the day. You deserve it.

Do you plan to have a future involved with writing?Yes. Whether I earn from there or not is a different case. But I don't think I'm ever going to stop writing. It's my life, my heart and my soul. Writing makes me happy so I don't think I'll stop doing something that makes me happy. I think I deserve that (: I don't see a future without writing. My family were against me writing but me being a stubborn ass daughter, I've come this far and I don't think anyone/anything can stop me now.

What project are you currently working on?Yours,Raven – RomanceIridescent – Teen Fiction (sequel to Silhouette)Xavier's Confession – Teen Fiction (male POV book to Silhouette).But besides these, I do have tons and tons of drafts and I'm getting them started with.

To conclude the questions today, can you tell a fun fact about yourself?I become temperamentally if I don't write for long. Like, if I haven't been writing for a week, I'll feel like I've wasted my whole life and I'll just be pissed at literally everything. I'll start screaming song lyrics around the house.