JordanLynde (XxSkater2Girl16xX)

Author: JordanLynde (XxSkater2Girl16xX)

Bookes Well-Known For: A Proscriptive Relationship and Believe Me, I'm Lying

How long have you been writing?

I started writing way back in grade school, but those were mostly stories about talking cats and dogs. I finished my first four semi-full length (70-90k) books between 2007 and 2008. I say semi-full length because now in 2018 I have a hard time writing a book that's under 200k words lol. It's quite a dilemma... I started Wattpad back in 2010.

What do you love about writing?

I love creating something that can make another person laugh and cry. I love knowing I can make someone's day with just an update. And aside from that, I just love creating stories. I have so many ideas all the time. Gotta get them out!

What's your favorite genre to write and why?

Romance. I am a hopeless romantic. I truly end. HEA or nothing. I prefer young adult romance, even though in real life I know high schoolers don't usually ever stay with their significant others. That's why we just end the book (lol).

I like horror a lot too, but I'm soooo not good at it. I could maybe scare a baby if someone read my words out loud and shouted some at random.

Do you have any advice to offer aspiring authors?

Follow trends. Things that are popular are popular for a reason. Write a trend and once you gather a following, then branch out into other genres. Write consistently. Engage with your readers. Success is a long, long, LONG, and arduous journey. Overnight success is very unlikely. Don't ever be disappointed in yourself. Just keep writing.

Do you plan to have a future involved with writing?

I certainly hope so because that's what I have a degree in sskgksgksgk. No, but seriously, that's what I want to do. Write. Forever. It'd be awesome. Writing for an RPG video game would be the best case scenario, but I'll also take publishing books if I ever get the chance to become a full-time author.

What projects are you currently working on?

I just finished a commissioned Christmas short story which will be posted on Frolic in December, but other than that I have three. Two off of Wattpad and the one I'm currently posting on Wattpad, Hired to Love. Hired to Love is a favorable kdrama plot style book with fake relationships and oblivious bachelors and handsome older brothers. My two off of Wattpad are both fantasy.

One is about a guardian angel who is appointed to watch over a human- the same human who just had a grim reaper assigned to take her life. Innocent angels and grumpy reapers and a human who just wants to work at her flower shop in peace.

And the other is about a famous music producer who finds a merman and wants to use his voice while he wants to use her for her life.

To conclude the questions today, can you tell us a fun fact about yourself?

One time my friend and I befriended a stranger on the internet and he hitch-hiked cross-country to try and kill us but the cops caught him. Remember friends, STRANGER DANGER. Another fun fact is I have a pet turtle. I also took Spanish for nine years and can understand pretty well, but still can't really speak it....odd.