Authors Note

My warmest greetings to anyone reading this. ❤

First and foremost, I want to thank you for clicking on my story. I know the cover page is pretty awesome (thank you Rima for making it 🙌 You're the best!) 

I also want to take a second here to thank Tima for inspiring me and giving me that final encouraging push. One of the beautiful blessings of life is having positive people. I'm grateful for her <3 

And of course (the best for last), this book is dedicated to my dorky, adorable, and often infuriating sister Haajar. She may or may not have forced me to add this at gunpoint. Love you hagaya! 

Now... 

I'm almost speechless which, for a writer, is quite ironic. Putting my work out into the world has always been a fantasy of mine, but I always pushed it aside. "You're not ready, the story still needs more work, you need to build a readers-base first or else who will read it?" - the doubts and fears were endless and eventually months and years went by and I never could muster up the courage. 

But now, well... here I am. 

This story is very special and dear to my heart. I got the initial idea, the heart of this book, from various movies/books, but I built the body with details from bits and pieces of the people I met throughout my 22 years. So, 'A Twist of Fate' is a result of their stories mixed with my (limited) life experience and a whole lot of daydreams. I hope it touches your heart as it has mine.

Albeit being an Islamic Fictional story, it can appeal to a diverse audience. Have an open mind; you just might find the characters relatable :)

The story is completed, but not edited, so there are definitely some grammar mistakes and typos. I apologize in advance!  

Feel free to drop comments or messages along the way, I'd love to hear from you :) And don't forget to vote for each chapter! I truly appreciate every single one ❤ 

With love,

Nedaa

- - - 

Some vocabulary to keep in mind while reading:

Insha'Allah: God willing

Alhamdulillah: All praise is due to God

Allahu Akbar: God is great

Hijab: Headscarf 

Niqab: Face veil

Abayah: A full-length long-sleeved outer-garment (an Islamic piece of clothing)

Masjid: Mosque

Qur'aan: the Holy Book in Islam

The five prayers of a Muslim: Fajr (pre-dawn) - Thuhur (noon) - Asr (afternoon) - Maghrib (evening) - Isha (night).