Epilogue

"I specifically asked for no sugar." Hamza glared up from his desk at the young man.

Abdullah grinned back sheepishly. "Well, then, you should've gone and bought it yourself."

"You're my assistant. That's your job."

"I told you not to hire him," Samir unhelpfully chimed in from where he was sprawled on the sofa. "No one ever listens to me."

Hamza bit back the urge to shout. "The kid was broke. I had no choice."

"Hey!" Abdullah shouted indignantly. "I can hear you! And speaking of being broke, when can I get a raise?"

Hamza couldn't help but laugh. Samir joined him, and seconds later Abdullah was laughing right along.

"Alright, it's time to go." Hamza stood up and stretched, groaning as his back cracked. "It was a really productive day. Don't forget to come in early tomorrow to give Dennis the keys when he comes to pick his car up." He pointedly stared at Abdullah. "You better not keep him waiting like last time."

Abdullah rolled his eyes, spinning around in his chair. "Yes, father."

"You can call me sir."

Abdullah snorted. "Yeah, I'm good."

Hamza slipped on his coat as he made his way to the door. "You heading home, Samir?"

Samir lazily lifted his head from the couch. "Back to that crazy place? In a bit."

"Look at you, in a rush to head home to the missus." Abdullah teased Hamza, who responded in a wink.

"Hopefully you get to do the same someday," Hamza called out over his shoulder as he exited the building.

The drive home was a short one. Hamza was very specific on the location when he started his business. He knew he was going to spend many hours there and didn't want to add in a long commute. He was pleasantly surprised to find a great available space in a busy local area, and quickly compiled many customers over the months. His business was still a baby but thriving with potential. Not in a million years would he have expected to open his own garage this early on. But somehow, things lined up in his favor.

He thought of Laila and speeded down the street. He couldn't wait to see her. All day at work, she teased him of having a surprise waiting at home. He couldn't imagine what it was but didn't care. Because he knew he'd love anything she got him.

She moved back in a year ago, shortly after they reunited. They bounced right back, stronger than ever. Life had thrown them a few unexpected curveballs, but thankfully, it made their love more concrete. They were both crazy about each other, and never bothered hiding it.

His car screeched to a halt at the driveway, and he stepped out into the cool crisp evening. Suitcase in hand, he made his way to the door that swung open before he even arrived.

"Hamza!" Laila screamed, jumping up and down at the doorway. He laughed and rushed to fill the distance between them, throwing his suitcase to the side. She all too willingly flung herself into his arms. He caught her and spun around, kicking the door shut behind him. He continued to carry her all the way to the couch.

"Wait, wait, put me down," she demanded. Once she was back on her feet, she shoved him onto the couch. "Wait here. I'll be right back."

Chuckling, he watched her run into their bedroom. Moments later she emerged with a gift bag in her hand. Swaying her hips teasingly, she brought it over and plopped it on his lap.

"What's the occasion?" He asked.

She innocently blinked at him. "No occasion. I just love you. Come on, open it!"

He happily obliged, pulling back the wrapping paper to reveal a long black box. He lifted it curiously, shaking it near his ear. Something rattled inside. Eyeing Laila, who was almost bursting with excitement, he opened it.

His hands froze when he realized what it was. Looking up, he stared at Laila who was already tearing up. "No..." He whispered, shell-shocked.

"Yes," She nodded, tears streaming down her cheeks. "Oh, God, I don't know why I'm so emotional."

"You're... pregnant?"

Laila nodded then squealed when Hamza shot off the couch and lifted her in his arms. They laughed, entangled in their embrace. Upon hearing the commotion, Tabby waltzed inside the room, ears perked in attentiveness.

"You're going to have a sister, Tabby!" Laila shouted from where she was engulfed in Hamza's arms.

"Or a brother!" Hamza laughed, putting Laila back on the ground. He knelt down on his knees, placing his palms over her belly. "I can't believe we have a baby in there."

Laila giggled. "Are you ready for me to get fat and grouchy?"

"Bring it on." Hamza stood up, grabbing her face in his hands. "I love you."

"I love you." She sighed dreamily. "We're finally going to start a family."

"Alhamdulillah." 

"Alhamdulillah."

------

A/N: I'm not crying, you are. 😭 Man up and dry those tears. Oh, and click on that star, you glorious human. You made it. ❤