December 17th

"Baekhyun?" A voice calls from behind the door.

Baekhyun is actually surprised that tears kept falling from his face for several hours as his friends tried to talk him to open the door. No luck.

He then remembers that familiar deep voice. "Baekhyun, open the door." Chanyeol knocks lightly. Everyone had fallen asleep after multiple attempts as Chanyeol had returned with a beaten face, luckily no one was awake to see it. "Baekhyun, please." Chanyeol pleads.

Sighing, Baekhyun builds up the courage to open the door, scared on what the other has to say. The door slowly opens, "Baekhyun!" Chanyeol exclaims as he sees the boy's red and puffy eyes. He's been crying... more than a lot. Baekhyun notices Chanyeol's beat up face and gasps, but the taller had beat him into talking and sweeps Baekhyun into a hug, "Oh my gosh, Baekhyun." Baekhyun frowns as he feels the warmth from the embrace.

"C-Chanyeol..." Baekhyun mumbles as he hiccups, trying to calm down from his never-ending tears. "Your face—" Chanyeol hushed him, "Let's not worry about me, Baekhyun. I'm fine." he assured as the embrace didn't break. They stood there for a good two minutes or so as Baekhyun sobs on the taller's shoulder. "I messed up, Chanyeol." he sniffles.

"Shh, it's not your fault." Chanyeol whispers, rubbing the smaller's back before they pulled apart. It breaks Chanyeol's heart so much when he sees Baekhyun upset or cry, even to the littlest bit. "Your face.." Baekhyun repeats as he brushes his thumb lightly on the taller's rough face; Chanyeol trying to be tough, though he winces when the slightest touch hits a bruise. "You guys fought, didn't you." he mumbles as his eyes lowered. "It was to knock some sense into his brain."

"I'm sorry, Chanyeol." Baekhyun apologizes, "No, don't apologize. I should be the one apologizing." Chanyeol grabs Baekhyun's soft hands, "I want to talk about everything." he says firmly. "Starting from the Christmas three years ago..." he breathes. Baekhyun had his ears open.

"Chanyeol, I know we've been friends for a long time—I know this is weird to hear—but... I like you. Not like a friend, but further than... a... friend." He managed to say with little courage. Chanyeol was shocked to hear that his best friend just confessed right in front of him. Before Chanyeol could say anything else, his mind went over himself and began to over think on what might happen between them. What might happen if bad things start happening between them? What if they break up and never be friends again? Because that's what happened between him and Junmyeon...

Chanyeol and Junmyeon were the school's hottest couple, but Baekhyun didn't know about it. They went to different schools, but they always kept in touch; telling each other interesting stories that happened in their schools and would always share things about their day, but Chanyeol never shared that he was in a relationship; he kept it a secret.

It was three months before Baekhyun's confession that Chanyeol and Junmyeon had called off their relationship because they didn't have the same feeling like they used to, more rather, Chanyeol didn't have any feeling towards Junmyeon. It was always a one-sided relationship; Junmyeon would silently cry each night.

On their third year of high school, Baekhyun had changed schools and both Baekhyun and Chanyeol couldn't be any happier. Chanyeol and Junmyeon were also happy as they wanted to keep their friend ship even after their break up, but everything fell apart once Baekhyun moved to his school. As Chanyeol grew more feelings to Baekhyun, so did Junmyeon. Junmyeon always wanted to meet Baekhyun, but Chanyeol would always get in the way and never let Junmyeon meet him. It changed Junmyeon's heart.

Once Baekhyun confessed to Chanyeol, he didn't know what to do. It threw him off-guard because he just had a recent break-up and over thought about what could have happened. Chanyeol panicked, wanting to say that he just had a recent break-up, but the words couldn't come out, instead, he came up with a really decent idea off-the-bat, scared that he might break their friendship.

"I'm sorry Baekhyun," The shorter's smile faded into a frown, "I can't return these feelings, I'm so, so sorry but, I'm not gay. Being gay is disgusting." He also frowned, afraid on how Baekhyun would react. Baekhyun's heart tore, but he hid that with a smile on his face, "T-That's alright. It was my fault for having feelings anyways." His voice sounded like it was broken as he tried to hide the painful tears that were about to erupt from the boy's tear ducts. Baekhyun then ran off, not saying anything. Chanyeol instantly regretted on what he said, "Maybe that was a bit too harsh than what I had imagined in mind.." he sighed.

He watches as Baekhyun runs away quick, keeping the frown that was pasted on his face. "Damn it, why did I say that?!" Chanyeol kicks the snow out of his path.

"Chanyeol—"

"You can have him, Junmyeon." Chanyeol huffs, cutting off the older, as he slumped down on his bed. "What? Chanyeol what—" he was cut off again, "Nothing happened! Just... I want to forget about him. I fucking messed up." The younger glides his fingers through his hair, "Chanyeol.." Junmyeon tried to comfort his friend, but Chanyeol was completely out of it. He hasn't act this way before.

"Junmyeon.. Please leave. I don't want you to look at me this way."

"But—"

"Just go!" Chanyeol boomed; seconds later, his voice was shaky, "P-Please take care of Baekhyun." Chanyeol cries after Junmyeon had left.

"What the fuck have I done.."

8 Days until Christmas...