December 18th

Chanyeol glances over a few tables down to see a smiling Baekhyun with Junmyeon. He's getting better. He hears Baekhyun giggle, causing his heart to rupture. "Why can't I forget about him?" Chanyeol thought mentally as his mind strayed away when Wendy has appeared, "Let's go." She frowned.

Wendy was smart to realize the reason why Chanyeol had came to her in the first place. Wendy wasn't the typical person who would scout for boys, just to get in their pants; she was completely different. She was obserative and normally stayed quiet.

It has been a year since Chanyeol asked Wendy out. She found it odd that he would randomly go up to her one day. Sure, they were some-what friends, but she had thought that Chanyeol had a crush on that little boy who he'd always hang out with since he transferred here. She immediately caught on when one day when Chanyeol would always glance back at the boy. He had a different look in his eyes than on what he would do with Wendy.

No, Wendy wasn't jealous, she didn't like Chanyeol like that. The reason why Wendy has said yes was because of peer pressure and the look on the boy's eyes, pleading for help.

A few weeks later, Wendy had told Chanyeol that she knew, but she kept a promise. She'll help him forget. Their official fake relationship spread around the school, though, no one knew it was fake. Wendy was considered respected by the popular kids for being so bold, bursting out of her shy bubble, but other times, she'd receive names like 'slut' or 'bitch'. Wendy turned out the negativity and focused her main point, which was helping out a hurting friend.

As the news spread, it eventually came to Baekhyun. He was, yet again, heart broken. "Why did I have to move to this school.." he mutters as he stopped his crying, "Hey, you moving to this school was a miracle in my eyes," Junmyeon comforted, "Look, just forget about him, yeah?" The older came and patted the latter's shoulder.

"Wait, so you and Wendy weren't actually dating?" Baekhyun mumbles. Chanyeol shook his head, "No. I'm sorry Baek. I just wanted to forget my feelings."

"Then What was that I heard from your room when she was here?"

"We faked the noises."

The time was around midnight as Chanyeol had finished explaining everything to Baekhyun. Both persons had shed a tear or two while the whole explanation, and now Baekhyun knew why Chanyeol had rejected him. He knew why he went out with Wendy. He knew why Junmyeon had came to him when he was hurting inside.

"So, you liked me this whole time?"

Chanyeol nods.

"But you were afraid—afraid that our relationship would fade away... just like what happened with you and Junmyeon."

"Did you ever like Junmyeon? Back then, I mean." Baekhyun looks up at the silent giant, wiping his tears away. "N-No." he mumbles. "Then why did you go out with him?" Baekhyun questions, "I don't know. I was young and stupid back then." Chanyeol huffs.

"I'm sorry for avoiding you. I was angry at myself for confessing to you like that."

"No, I should be the one sorry for lying to you when I completely offended our sexuality." Chanyeol softly said.

"Baekhyun,"

"Hmm?" he hums.

"Can we start over? I want to fix what I broke three years ago." he asks, holding the older's hand, stoking it with his thumb. Baekhyun was about to answer, but Chanyeol was faster into cutting in, "You don't have to answer right now. You've been through a lot."