Chapter 1

~Jungkook pov~

I slowly opened my eyes. I groaned as I sat up in my bed. I looked around my room. As usual, it was messy. I looked over at my phone. I picked it up off the nightstand and I looked at the time.

My eyes widened as I saw it was 8:00 am. I've slept in an hour. I'm late.

I quickly jumped up. I ran over to my closet and I threw on my suit and tie. I ran to the bathroom, tripping on my clothes that were on the floor. I quickly calmed down my extremely messy bed hair. I then brushed my teeth and washed my face. I ran to the kitchen and I got an apple. I ran back to my room and got my phone. I got my bag and then put on my shoes. I ran out the door. I ran down the hall of my apartment complex to the stairs. I ran down the stairs, almost falling.

I got to the lobby floor. I ran outside and down the sidewalk. I don't have a car. I can't afford one. I work as a secretary for a business. My boss is an asshole. He doesn't pay any of his employees good. I live basically paycheck to paycheck. It sucks. My apartment is literally $100 a month. It's rundown, messy, and not nice looking. Half the time, the water heater doesn't work, so I take a lot of cold showers. I make enough to pay rent and buy a few groceries, but that's about it.

You may think, why not ask my parents for help. Well, they are barely middle class. They have nothing to help me with. I promised them, if I ever made enough, I'd help them, but I have to fulfill that promise.

We weren't always poor though. We only got poor when our house and everything we owned was burned down because of a gang where we use to live. But, we moved away from there. My parents used all the money in their retirement and savings to get a new house. We've been poor ever since.

It didn't bother me that we were always poor. We always had food, water, shelter, and clothing, so I wasn't too alarmed. I've never really been worried or sad about anything honestly. I've never been depressed. But, that all changed in 9th grade.

In 9th grade, I was dating a boy. I loved him. He and I were friends for a long time before we dated. We got along very well and were hardly ever away from each other. We started to date in 7th grade, in middle school. We had the same friends so, we always hung together even with our friends.

During high school, I was being bullied. He would always fight the bullies. Eventually, he beat them all up and they never bothered me again, which was nice. Also during that time, my uncle and grandfather passed away, leaving me devastated. I became sad and emotional. He was there for me. He was the only one who could make me feel better.

But, one day, out of the blue, he left. He stopped coming to school. At first, I thought he was just sick or something. But, he never answered my texts or calls. I went to his house and it had a 'SOLD' sign in the yard. I tried everything to contact him, but nothing worked. He never answered.

I waited. I waited for months, hoping he would come back. I stayed up all night, staring at my black phone screen, waiting... hoping... for him to contact me. I waited....

Eventually, my best friend, Jimin, made me realize I had to move on. At this point, I had been waiting for two years. I knew he was right, I had to move on. It took me two years to realize that, Taehyung just wasn't going to come back.

I walked into the coffee shop. Every day, before work, I get coffee. If I don't, I will fall asleep and my boss will get extremely pissed at me.

Of course, the day I'm late, the coffee shop is packed. I sighed and got in line. I impatiently waited.

Once it was my turn, I quickly ordered my coffee. The young girl took my order and I paid for it. I walked over to the place you wait for your coffee. I stood and waited. I pulled my phone out. I looked at the time. 8:27. Not too bad........

"Jeon Jungkkook." The boy that hands your coffee to you yelled. I walked over to him and smiled.

"Thank you." I said. He smiled and handed me the coffee. I walked over to where the napkins were. I got me some napkins and I walked to the door. I pulled my phone out of my pocket again, as I feel it vibrating in my pocket. I look down and see my boss calling me. I gulped. I then bumped into someone. I quickly backed up and looked up.

"I'm so sorry, I wasn't looking......Taehyung...." I said the last word under my breath.