Chapter 10

~Jungkook pov~

(Monday)

Emails

Emails

Emails

Emails

Emails

And more damn emails.

I groaned as I went through all my emails. I looked at the bosses schedule and I made sure all the times were at his liking.

I sighed as I saw an email from another company. It was a meeting request. I sighed and I read over it. I went ahead and made the meeting. I then sent the schedule in an email to my boss.

I waited for a rude, angry reply. I refreshed the page. Nothing. I refreshed it again. Nothing. I refreshed again and I had an email. I clicked it.

Thank you Jungkook.

My eyes widened. Omg, the boss is sick. He's being nice, something must be wrong. I looked towards his office. I didn't hear any yelling. I shrugged. My phone began to ring. I sighed and answered it.

"Mr. Kang's office, this is his secretary." I answered, trying my best to sound cheerful.

"Yes, I would like to schedule a one-on-one meeting with Mr. Kang. I'm from Mrs. Soo's company, from east Busan. You see..."

I groaned as the woman kept talking and talking. I don't care about this and neither does Mr. Kang. He hates one-on-one conversations with other company people cause they just want to get something out of you.

"So, what will be a good time for Mr. Kang?" The lady asked, concluding her long-ass speech of whatever she was saying.

"Well, I'm sorry. But Mr. Kang doesn't have the time nor the patience to deal with a one-on-one meeting at the moment, or anytime after this. Have a good day." I replied, hanging up. I sighed and began to go through the computer files for a thing Mr. Kang needs me to write about for his meeting in 2 weeks.

Though, I didn't get far into my search because of my phone. I just got a text. I sighed and reached into my pocket. I pulled my phone out and looked at it. It's from an unknown number. I clicked on it.

Unknown:

Hey

Jungkook:

...hi

Jungkook:

Who is this?

The number didn't reply, so I went back to work, thinking maybe the person just had the wrong number. I get those a lot. I also get scams a lot.

My concentration was cut short, due to my phone dinging again. I sighed and looked down.

Unknown:

Taehyung

My eyes widened at the name. Taehyung? Kim Taehyung? Why is he texting me? How is he texting me? How did he get my number?

Jungkook:

Kim Taehyung?

Taehyung:

Yes

Jungkook:

How did you get my number???

Taehyung:

A friend

Jungkook:

...okay

Jungkook:

Why do you want my number? Why are you texting to me?

Taehyung:

I want to talk to you

Jungkook:

There's nothing to talk about

Jungkook:

Can't you tell that I don't want to talk to you

Taehyung:

Listen, I just want to talk. We haven't seen each other in forever. I miss you and I want to catch up, please. I still care about you Jungkook

Jungkook:

Taehyung, there is nothing to talk about

Jungkook:

Please

Jungkook:

Delete my number

Taehyung:

But, Jungkook

Jungkook:

I'll block if you text me again

I got no reply. I sighed and put my phone down. I looked at the messages. My heart aches. It hurts. How much is going to hurt me? How much is going to make me feel pain? Why can't I move on? Why can't I just not care about him?

I still care for him.

I miss him, there's no doubt about it.

Do I still love him?

Hell yes, I still love him.

But....... I don't want to get hurt again.