Chapter 11

~Jungkook pov~

"Jungkook." I heard my boss say. I quickly turned around.

"Yes, sir?" I answered.

"You can go home early, okay?" He said.

"I-i can?" I asked. He nodded.

"Really? Th-thank you, Sir." I smiled.

"Go before I change my mind." He said. I quickly stood and gathered my things. I walked out of my office building. I happily strolled down the streets. I walked to my apartment. It is lunchtime, so I guess I can dress in some comfy clothes and I can fix some food and I can chill.

I happily walk into my apartment. I walked to my room and I changed my clothes. I walked to the kitchen and looked in the kitchen. I smiled. I want some grilled cheese. I walked to the fridge and I looked inside. I had no cheese. I frowned. I looked around and noticed I had no milk or eggs either. I also have no bread. I sighed. I walked to where my shoes were and I put them on. I got my phone and money and I walked out of my apartment. I sadly and hungrily made the walk to the grocery store. I walked inside and I got me a shopping cart. I then strolled through the store, getting what I needed.

I sighed. I looked in my cart. I know I'm forgetting something, but I can't remember what it is. I sighed as I blindly walked around in the store, not really doing anything but trying to find something that would jog my memory and make me remember what I was going to get.

As I walked by the deli, I saw someone cutting cheese. I then realized I need cheese for my grilled cheese. I quickly walked to where the cheese is. I smiled and I looked around. I love cheese. I always get the same kind, every time I come to get more. I looked for it. I sighed as I couldn't find it.

After looking for a little bit, I realized, they only had one left. I smiled as I reached to get it. But, Me and a guy bumped one another, reaching for the same cheese. He got it before me. I pouted, but, I wiped it away and looked up.

"I'm sorry." I said. I then realized who it was. My eyes widened as I saw Taehyung standing in front of me. I gulped. Why am I not moving? Feet... move. Like, go!

"Hi, Jungkook." Taehyung said. I felt my heart skip a beat due to his deep voice. I love his voice. I remember when he would talk for hours and I would just listen.

"...Uhhh, erm.... Hi." I said. I turned around and started to leave, but Taehyung quickly caught my wrist, stopping me. I turned around.

"Wait, please?" Taehyung said. I looked up at him. His face was full of worry and hurt. His sad brown eyes made me look to the floor.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"I just.... I just want to talk, please?" He asked. I felt tears form in my eyes again. 

Why can't I let him talk? 

Why won't my body allow it?

"Taehyung.... There isn't anything for us to talk about..." I replied. A tear fell. It rolled down my cheek. I quickly pulled myself away from him. I reached up and hid my face. I looked down at my feet.

"Okay okay, I'm sorry, Kookie. Here." He said quickly and softly. He reached and pulled my hand towards him. He placed the cheese in my hands. I looked up, my vision a bit blurry due to the tears. He was smiling lightly at me.

"I know you're going to go make a grilled cheese." He smiled. He turned around and walked away. I stood there. Confused but also flattered. He remembered his nickname for me, that only he can call me. He remembered my love for grilled cheeses. I smiled lightly. I turned around and put the cheese in my cart. I walked to the checkout lines. I paid and left.

I carried my 50 lbs of groceries home and I sighed once I reached my apartment. I quickly made a grilled cheese and I happily enjoyed it.

When I finished, I cleaned up and I walked to my bathroom. I took a quick shower and I walked to my bedroom. I crawled in bed and closed my eyes. Instead of sleep, I started to go through memories of me and Taehyung. A particular one kept replaying through my mind. The one where he gave me the nickname, 'Kookie'.

(Flashback)

I sniffled as I walked through the halls. Being beat up by 8th graders all the time is not fun at all. Being called names is not any fun either.

"Jungkook, why are you crying?" I heard Taehyung ask. I sniffled and I walked over to him. He engulfed me in a hug.

"Were they mean to you again?" He asked. I nodded.

"Why didn't you come get me?" He asked. I shrugged. He sighed and we walked down the hall. We walked to the courtyard and we sat down on the bench. Taehyung rubbed my back as I calmed down.

"They kept calling me names." I mumbled. Taehyung nodded.

"Their just names, they aren't even true." Taehyung said.

"I know, but they hurt." I said.

"Well... you know that Jungkook is your name. It is the only name that you should even respond to. Other than Jungkookie and Kook of course." He smiled. I giggled.

"Jin and Jimin gave me those nicknames. Only they can call me that, so I'm glad the bullies don't know about them." I smiled.

"Give them another name they can't say." Taehyung said. I looked at him.

"Like what?" I asked. He thought.

"Kookie." He said. I smiled.

"That'll be my nickname for you. Kookie. You're my Kookie." Taehyung smiled. I smiled and hugged him.

"S-stop." I coughed as the bully kicked me again.

"Haha, why stop, Kookie?" The boy sneered. I felt tears well up in my eyes. He drew his leg back, ready to kick again. I squeezed my eyes shut and I curled into a tighter ball. After a few seconds, no pain came. I heard coughs and yells. I opened my eyes and saw Taehyung beating up the bullies. My eyes widened as he threw them to the floor.

"If I hear anyone call him Kookie again, I'll pound you into the ground too." He said. Everyone nodded quickly. Taehyung walked over to me and helped me up. We then walked away. We walked to the bathroom. He closed the door and walked over to me. He led me to the sink. He got paper towels and dampened them. He then cleaned up my face, making the redness go away due to me crying. I sniffled.

"I w-want to die." I said. Taehyung's eyes widened. He engulfed me in a tight hug.

"No no no, don't think like that Kookie. You don't need to die, you're too important to me, the hyungs, and you're parents. Please, don't think like that again. I love you." Taehyung said. He pulled away and wiped my tears.

"B-but-" He cut me off. He cut me off by kissing me. My first kiss. I eyes widened. I gripped his arm as he held my waist. He moved his lips against mine. I came back to reality and I closed my eyes. I kissed back.

Taehyung pulled away. I opened my eyes and looked at him. He looked at me. He stopped close to me and looked me in the eyes.

"You're so precious and important to me. If you killed yourself, I would too. But, we are not Romeo and Juliet. So, get suicide out of your head." Taehyung said. I nodded. Taehyung reached up and held the back of my head. He pulled me closer and kissed me again. I loosened my grip on his arm and I kissed back, feeling more confident.

Taehyung pulled away. We smiled at each other. I stepped closer to him and hugged him. He hugged me back and rested his chin o my head.

"Thank you for being my first kiss." I smiled. He chuckled.

"No, thank you for being my first kiss." He replied.

(End of flashback)

I tossed and turned. I can't stop thinking of him. Of Taehyung.

Why does he keep popping up in my life?