Chapter Ten

Betty Hopper

December 14th, 1984

"Stop it Billy!" I shouted as I tied my silk robe.

"Just a couple more." He said, pointing his Polaroid camera at me.

"You have taken too many already." I laughed and he set down his camera.

"I want to remember this weekend forever." He said and he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"I better not find out those were floating around the locker room on Monday. Those are for your eyes only." I said and I kissed him. The kiss was broken by my squeals when Billy suddenly picked me up and threw me on the bed.

"You are never going to forget tonight." He said with a smile.

"I hope not," I said. Right as Billy was about to kiss me again, there was a hard knock on the door.

"I'll get it," Billy said as he got up but I pushed him back onto the bed.

"I'll get it," I said and Billy smiled as I walked over to the door. I walked to the door and opened it without bothering to look out the peephole.

"Can I help y..." I looked out of the cracked door and I froze.

"Surprise," Dad said with a stern look.

"What are you doing here?!?" I asked in a loud whisper.

"You're coming home with me." He said as he pushed the door open wider.

"What's going on?" I heard Billy asked me. I turned around and saw him walking to the door, but stopped when he saw Dad in the doorway.

"Chief Hopper, what are you doing here?" He asked confused.

"She didn't tell you?" He asked Billy and they both looked at me.

"Billy, Chief Hopper is my Dad," I said quietly as I stood halfway between them both.

"I get why you didn't want to tell me," Billy tried to laugh but I could tell he was hurt.

"I'm sorry, I didn't feel like I could tell you because..." I stared but I was cut off.

"Because she knew you wouldn't want to fool around with a cop's daughter. Let's go home, Betty." He said and he reached for my hand but I pulled it away sharply.

"No, I'm staying here with Billy," I said and I moved closer to Billy.

"You're kidding, right? Did you really think that I was going to let you stay with your delinquent boyfriend so you can have sex all weekend long?" He asked, raising his voice.

"I guess she feels better being here then staying home alone without you," Billy said, stepping in front of me.

"Excuse me?" Dad asked steaming.

"Billy, don't." I said but he ignored me.

"You heard me. You can't just leave her all alone and expect her to be happy. Maybe if you were around I wouldn't be taking your daughter out almost every night." He said, looking Dad straight in the eyes.

"You better watch yourself, kid. You better believe the moment you turn 18 I will lock you up behind bars for every charge I can hit you with." Dad threatened. I couldn't take it anymore.

"Both of you, stop it! Dad, I love Billy." I shouted and the room became silent.

"Baby, Billy doesn't love you any more than he loves touching you. The moment you stop sleeping with him and tell him to stop taking pictures he will move on!" He said, shooting a glare at Billy. Billy and I exchanged a glance at the mention of the photographs.