Journal Entry #2

2.4.56

I'm back from work and school, long day, but a good one. Time for journal entry number two. Here goes.

The androids arrived today. At first, no one really knew what they were or what they were doing here. The trucks that came in looked official, but there were no government markings. That caused a decent bit of panic when they first showed up. I could see it from my classroom window--I'll admit I wasn't paying much attention in class, it's only the first week of school. From what I saw. A huge mob gathered as the first few were unloaded from the trucks. I thought they were going to tear them to pieces before we learned they were government property. Caden, my supervisor and one of my co-workers, told me a lot of people initially assumed they were brought by corporate to replace the workers. 

Thankfully, the guards from the truck explained they weren't going to be taking people's jobs. Apparently, they're police bots. They don't look terribly menacing, though. They're humanoid, two arms, two legs, and a head. There are no facial features, just a blank faceplate. They probably don't need faces, anyway. I think they've got sensor or something.

They acted rather friendly once the guards activated them, but I could tell from the way the whole mob moved back; it scared people. I don't blame them. 

I wasn't able to speak to the guards. They'd already left by the time I got out of my morning class, but I did talk to Caden, who was able to speak with one of the guards. He told me that the bots are here to protect us due to the rumor that someone has been stealing oxygen tanks from the elderly. I hadn't heard any such rumors, but there's a lot I don't hear about.

I'm curious to know how everything will pan out. For now not much has changed. I usually see a few patrols while I'm walking from home to work, and I wave. They never wave back, but that's alright. 

It's at least nice to know the government cares.