Journal Entry #4

4.20.56 

As a small preface, it's been a few weeks since I last recorded something. Kirsi said I should pick this back up, and she's right. Apologies to my teacher, again. 

I needed to make some notes anyway, so here goes...

Me and Kirsi found Android unit 02 (I'm too lazy to write the whole unit number) damaged in an alleyway. Cause of damage is unknown. Kirsi and I decided to bring him back to her house. 

The Android is in the carport now, laying in front of me as I write this. He has major damage to the torso, and tears in his aluminum exterior, complete with some wiring damage, and large dents. The denting shows up mostly around the chest, with the largest dent around the area where the human heart is normally located. 

Beyond that, there's major separation at the right shoulder. Some of the wires are definitely loose. Poor things left arm is completely missing, though it appears it was ripped off rather than severed.

The right arm is practically intact, though I think it's missing a finger. There are smaller dents like it was used to block something, but that's it. 

Legs are intact, with more dents. The kneecaps are missing (the metal that is) and a lot of the aluminum casing torn off. Oddly, the casing doesn't seem all that durable, which is weird considering that they're supposed to be police bots. If anything the physique appears optimized for lifting or working. I guess the light exterior could make it easier for them to dodge bullets. 

Anyway, there's a major dent in the back of the head as well. It appears to have dislodged something inside. I can't tell what, but ever since it originally started up in the alleyway, it hasn't spoken or come on. I think maybe a battery or something was knocked loose. I hope it's not dead.

Can an android die?

Anyway, beyond that, it mostly looks like superficial damage. Here's hoping putting an Android together isn't hard.

Guess I'd better get to work.