Chapter 8 - The Darkness

Savitar laid in the hospital bed, thinking about everything that had happened and how he slowly felt his speed depleting throughout the fight, he knew something was wrong. Savitar's attention was brought towards the entrance as he heard the familiar cheer of everyone, and soon heard it go quiet. Then the door opened up revealing Barry in his now bright red suit "I heard what you did...thank you" Barry told him softly, feeling too calm for himself, considering an evil remnant of him was right in front of him once again. Savitar stood up from the bed, having his wound completely healed "I don't want your thanks" he told Barry, brushing past him and back out the entrance, seeing everyone outside in the cortex "...so, what do we do with him?" Wally asked, referring to Savitar. He raised his hands, rolling his eyes "don't worry, I'm going...it'll save me from being shunned again..." he concluded, walking towards the exit with a steady stature. Everyone was shocked at this, they wanted nothing more than to help him, everyone did and Barry saw this and called out to him "...how about you stay with us for awhile..." he offered softly. Savitar was conflicted, he wanted to come back...be apart of something good for once...but...he did still hate them for what they did. After a few minutes of thinking he turned his head and replied "...you'll see me tomorrow..." he smirked slightly, leaving Star labs and running throughout the streets until his speed started to slowly deplete and drain away his energy, he rolled onto the floor to a halt and yelled in pain as he held his head "d-dammit..." he growled quietly as he noticed more thugs coming towards him "there he is, there's the bastard who killed our mates!" One of them shouted as another grabbed a metal pipe "then let's get him" he smirked smugly as he started to pound Savitar with the pipe as the other kicked him in the stomach. Savitar could feel every hit on his body and this ultimately made him smirk sadistically as he used his speed to vibrate his hands through both of their chests, he ripped out his hands and watched them collapse to the cold floor "serves you both right" he grinned as if something else took over him, as he sped off to his bar. As he got to the entrance he saw a woman with crystal white hair and wearing Caitlin's clothes...Savitar widened his eyes as he realized who this was "Frost?!..." The figure stopped moving entirely and fired an ice beam right towards him. He sped out the way of it and looked straight into her cold dead eyes "my my...ain't you hard to kill" she retorted, firing another beam straight at him freezing him in place. She chuckled coldly, her voice echoed throughout his ears as she brought out a sharp icicle, holding it right to his chest about to plunge it in until her eyes started to flicker between white and coco brown. Savitar vibrated his body, breaking the ice just in time to catch Caitlin as she held onto him tightly, looking into his worried eyes "...oh no" she said before passing out in his arms. He was about to take her to Star labs but knowing Caitlin, she hasn't told anyone yet and decided to take her to her apartment and put her into bed. He was about to leave until he felt his sleeve being tugged at, he turned to see Caitlin looking up at him with desperate eyes "hey...can you not tell anyone about this please?" She asked him. Savitar knew she doesn't do this when she doesn't have to and he sighed, crouching down to her level "of course Cait" she smiled happily at him and rubbed his knuckles "thank you...and...could you...maybe stay with me until I fall asleep?..." she stuttered out embarrassed slightly. Savitar felt a severe case of deja vu but still smiled comfortly "y-yeah of course" he sat beside her on her bed and softly rubbed her temple.