Chapter 17 - The God of Speed

Savitar was alone he has been for the past couple of weeks now and its put immense amounts of strain on his heart and mind, he couldn't bare not seeing the love of his life, the light to his darkness. Now there was nothing but the darkness and hatred, not at Caitlin but at himself. He shouldn't of been as reckless as he was, he was always on the verge of death and now thanks to that it lost him the only thing that even mattered to him.

He wanted nothing more than to go back to her, passionately kiss her and promise her he wouldn't do that again but he couldn't guarantee it. So he remained alone, knowing it would be best for her. "I miss you Caitlin" he muttered softly. He needed to see her, he had to. He got up off the ground, picking up the Philosopher's Stone and putting in his jacket pocket. Before he had time to even think he was suddenly stunned by an unknown assailant by some sort of drone. He fell to the floor with the thoughts of his moments with Cait clouding his mind.

Devoe moments after taking Lizzy's body

Ralph stared at what that monster Devoe had done, taking Lizzy's body and claiming it as his own. "I'm gonna be busy with my wife this weekend Ralphy" she said seductively as she walked back over to her chair. "Oh and Mr Allen, I'm deeply sorry we couldn't have our well earned fight but...how about we use someone big and fast to keep you nice and busy" she said as there was sudden bright flashes of orange lightning circling them frantically.

Even Barry was having trouble to keep his eyes on the orange blur, whatever this is wasn't going to be an easy fight. Suddenly Barry was propelled backwards by this speedster, into a large fence. The blur then kicked Ralph away with such strength it caught him completely off guard, Barry leaned on his arms to get a good look of what attacked them and he couldn't believe what he saw next.

It was Savitar, he was dressed in his normal clothes he usually wore, he had bruises and burns over the rest of his face...it looked as if he was dragged through hell and back. His face held a look of pure anger and hatred towards Barry but yet it also held sadness and sorrow behind his eyes. "Savitar what the hell are you doing?" Barry yelled up at him and Savitar gave no answer instead he used his speed to charge right at Barry. He had to admit, he had gotten alot faster since their last fight so how he has all of this power was unknown to Barry.

He narrowly dodged his attack and blocked it with his hand, groaning at the struggle he was having. They both used their incredible speeds to fight the other as team flash were listening through, stunned of how Savitar became this monster again. No one was more shocked than Caitlin herself, she had done this...she awakened the beast.

Savitar clashed once again with Barry, his teeth clenched hard as he began to mutter "you did this..you did this..you did this.." Barry was confused about this which gave Savitar the advantage and allowed him brush away his hands to the sides and hit Barry directly In the throat, pulling back and using his speed to spin kick him right in the face knocking Barry to the door gasping for air.

"I never wanted to be this...you all shunned me, every single one of you!..." he glanced up at a security camera that team flash were looking through "especially YOU" Savitar emphasized with a growl as all of team flash glanced over at Caitlin who couldn't stop the tears streaming down her eyes.

Devoe looked on with sadistic pleasure as he decided to push Savitar to his limits, pressing one of the many buttons on his chair causing Savitar to stiffen immediately, clenching his head tightly as he let out a massive roar of rage, sending sparks of speed force lightning fly in every direction.

Savitar smiked widely as he walked over to Barry, his body now consumed by nothing but hatred and sadism deep in his heart. He strolled over to Barry, roughly stepping on his throat to slowly and painfully choke him. Barry soon starts gasping for air, failing to get Savitar to move. Suddenly Savitar was blasted in his back making him fly into the wall and slamming back onto the floor.

It was none other than the ice bitch herself Killer Frost,  with a look of hatred in her eyes just as much as the god of speed's. "Oh why look if it isn't F-" Savitar was cut off by the sudden icicle by his throat and pressing h
ard against it as he grinned sadistically

"C'mon...kill me, end my life, end this game" he pushed as she dug deeper with it, slightly cutting into his neck before faltering. She couldn't kill him, she knew she'd upset Caitlin and she couldn't do that, dispite him hurting her first.

Savitar took this opportunity to use his foot to trip her up and pin her to the floor by her throat, raising his other hand above himself, clenching it into a fist. "This for every ounce of pain you caused me Cailtin and I know you'll be able to feel this" he proceeded to punch Frost across the face in a furious rage as Barry struggled to compose himself and Ralph was thinking of ways to attack him without getting himself hurt or killed. Savitar continued to punch Frost in the face, sending blood from the very lips he used to kiss onto the floor and causing her eyes to change into Caitlin's coco brown eyes.

Savitar continued letting out his rage and anger out on Frost before he realized who it was again. It was Caitlin, bloody, bruised and unconscious. "No..no no no no no Caitlin, Caitlin!" Savitar yelled out as he was clutching onto her body, feeling the faint sound of her breathing. He let out a sigh of relief as he heard Devoe laughing to himself "that's it Mr Barry Allen, clutch onto her tightly, it'll be the last time you see her alive" he told him as he pushed the button again but nothing happened. Instead Savitar arose to his feet, feeling the sharp pain that Devoe was causing him  but he didn't care anymore, his restraints were broken as the Philosopher's Stone began to glow a white glow before turning completely stone as Savitar gritted his teeth  tightly together "My name is Savitar!" He began to scream loudly, sending large sparks of lightning around him consuming him completely in speed force energy.

Savitar yelled out one more time, creating a large shockwave of energy that to the surprise of Barry, propelled Devoe backwards, hitting his chair and causing him to teleport away.

Savitar slowly laid Caitlin down as he calmed himself down, causing the now white sparks to fade away into nothingness. He took out the stone examining it, it was empty...the energy now laid within him.

Barry stumbled over to him, looking down at the now powerless Philosopher's stone "so that's where you were going off to, you were harnessing its power" he told him as Savitar gave him a silent nod "it's gone now...just an empty shell of what it once was" he threw the stone into the dumpster, having no use for it anymore "please...tell her I'm sorry...for everything, none of you would have to deal with me anymore" he told him carefully as he began walking away, tucking his hands deep into his pockets.

He suddenly felt a large weight hit him from behind as he felt a pair of arms around his waist. He let out a shaky sigh as he turned to look at Caitlin who was already healed mostly "please...don't go again" Caitlin said in such a strained voice it managed to break Savitar's heart "I hurt you Caitlin...I can't ever promise I won't die" he told her as she violently shook her head, cupping his scarred face, causing him to twitch slightly before relaxing into her touch "no no I understand now...being alone for the past couple of weeks has shown me....I don't want you upset at me...I...I need you Savitar...I love you" she told him as his eyes widened as Barry and the rest of team flash was shocked to hear this. There was a long pause between them both before Savitar cursed under his breath pulling her close "you only live once" he muttered as he leaned in and passionately connected their lips, stunning everyone.

After their kiss the reunited lovers made their way back to Star Labs along with Barry and Ralph who left them to go and mourn in privacy at his office. While the rest of team flash talked over Savitar and Caitlin's relationship, some were stunned, some weren't surprised but regardless what they all thought, they were happy for them.

"So what now?" Savitar asked Barry, his arm still wrapped firmly around Caitlin's shoulders "we get Devoe...but for now, we keep looking for these bus metas" Barry said as everyone nodded in agreement.

"Well we're heading home, we'll she you all tomorrow" Caitlin called out to them as her and Savitar were reunited once again, where they both belonged and now that the stone's energy was deep within him now, he could be where he belongs once again, in each others embrace.