6. The Start Of Something

He won't stay. No one ever does. Not anymore. Everyone leaves me eventually. I've gotten used to it. Learnt to expect it. It doesn't help much, it still hurts when people turn their backs on me.

If someone did stay... Maybe I wouldn't be so depressed. Maybe they would give me something to look forward to everyday. Maybe they would be my friend. I haven't had friends in a long time.

That would be nice. Friends...

Pedo Bear: Please don't leave

Pedo Bear: I know I've been ma jerk to you, but please don't drop texting em.

By how fast he texted, he must be rushing to type, not bothering to fix messed up words, but I can still understand what he means. I don't text a reply. He'll see I read it though.

Pedo Bear: Skye, please

Pedo Bear: You promised you wouldn't stop

Pedo Bear:(ノ'д`)

Me: Aren't you leaving?

Pedo Bear: I promised I wouldn't stop texting you, and I won't.

Me: You hate me

Me: Bully me

Pedo Bear: I'll stop

Me: Why should I believe you'll start being all buddy-buddy with me

He sent his text before I finished typing mine. Otherwise it would be right after the 'bully me' one.

Pedo Bear: I don't hate you. Not really.

Pedo Bear: I told you, it was all just a mask.

Pedo Bear: Not a good reason, I know, but just know I don't hate you.

Pedo Bear: If anything, I'm kinda envious.

Me: You.

Me: Envious of me.

Me: The bullied kid with no friends.

Pedo Bear: Not of that, but the fact that you came out.

Pedo Bear: You came out, and I thought that if it wasn't for being bullied, you would still be treated the same as any other kid.

Pedo Bear: If I came out, my family would probably disown me.

Pedo Bear: I was envious that you could be accepted yet I couldn't be.

Me: Oh I'm not.

Pedo Bear: And I know that now.

Pedo Bear: Can I ask what happened with your mom?

Me: You can ask, yeah

Me: ...

Me: But I won't answer.

Pedo Bear: -_-b

Pedo Bear: Gee, AH, way to crush hope of progress with you

I smile softly. It's fun to keep him in suspense. I could never say this kind of stuff to him face to face, but over text I'm fine.

Pedo Bear: What about your mental health? Are you OK?

Pedo Bear: And remember you said you'd answer honestly

Me: True

Me: But I never said I'd answer at all

Pedo Bear: You little loophole-finding bitch (● ˃̶͈̀ロ˂̶͈́)੭ꠥ⁾⁾

Pedo Bear: But seriously, AH, I get worried about you

Pedo Bear: I know you don't trust me, but if you want to, you can talk to me. I won't tell anyone

Me: So you've said

Pedo Bear: Just know I'll listen to you if you ever decide to talk

⚬⚬⚬

School. Otherwise known as hell.

Yay.

You can just hear my enthusiasm.

As I walk into prison/school, I take my earbuds out and turn off my music. I don't want to risk having my earbuds broken or stolen by my bullies, so I keep them in my locker and suffer through the day without music.

I kept my head down as I walk to my locker, in the tech wing of the school, where the auto shop and other classes like it are. As soon as my bag is in my locker, I'm pushed up against the locker next to mine.

"Let me see your phone," Aaron's voice whispers harshly.

He steps back, and lets me out of his hold, but stands close enough to appear threatening. None of his friends are in sight, it's just him.

I make no move to get my phone out. What does he want with it? He wouldn't break it, would he? That's the only source of music I have. Seeing this, Aaron repeats his words, his voice cold, hinting at what would happen if I didn't do what he's demanding,

Keeping my eyes on him, I hesitantly take my phone out of my pocket. Aaron takes it and turns it on, looking at the lock screen and my black wolf background.

He holds it out to me. "Unlock it."

Slowly I reach out and place my thumb on the button, my phone having the fingerprint thing. It was the first phone I got, only a month or two before Dad left.

Aaron looks through my phone for a minute or two, then hands it back to me. When he does, I see that he was looking at my text messages, the conversation with him.

"I wanted to be sure," he says, his voice soft, not nearly as harsh.

I can see his body relaxing a bit, and his gives a small, sheepish smile. I only gaze at him, though I do understand why he wanted to check.

"You're less confident in person, aren't you," Aaron says.

I hesitate, then whisper, "isn't everyone?"

I say it more as a statement than a question. Aaron chuckles softly and nods. Then his smile fades, and he gives me an apologetic look.

"I... Really am sorry about everything, Skye," he says quietly, nervously, fidgeting with his hands. His normally confident and cold front is nowhere in sight, and if I didn't know him, I might think it never existed in the first place. "I had no idea you were dealing with other things, not just my asshole self. I know, I don't deserve your forgiveness, but, uh, maybe we can... Turn over a new leaf?"

I look at him. He really wants to be friends with me. Well, it would be nice to have a friend again. But I don't really trust him, what if this is all a game to him? A way to break me even more? Looking at him, I can tell that he has genuinely good intentions.

It's a risk, but a risk we should take, Vengeance whispers.

Slowly, I nod. Aaron's face lights up with a grin. It reminds me of when he was that goofy kid, and I feel like that kid might still be in him somewhere. Maybe the happy kid that was me is still somewhere in me too.

"Thank you, Skye," Aaron whispers, smiling. "Though, uh... I do want to keep this between us, not let anyone else know. Is that alright?"

I nod again. Hopefully, it also means he won't bully me anymore. Maybe I can finally have a little peace. That would be nice.

The bells rings, signalling five minutes before class starts. Aaron gives me one last smile then heads off.

I wonder how this will turn out. Is he just playing with me? Or does he really want to be friends with me?

Either way, I think this is the start of something.