14. Pretty Liars

Aoki Tsuki Michite (Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus) - Amalee ^

I grimace as I pick another shard of glass out of my skin. I think that's the last one.

This is what I get for not watching where I step. Mom must've smashed a bottle on the floor before she left for work and I stepped on some shards. Stupid me should realize by now to watch where I step, but no, I didn't and now look.

My eyes fall to the shard of green glass I just picked from my skin. It's sharp. It can cut me. It just needs a little guidance. As if acting on its own will, my fingers bring the glass to press against my bare thigh.

As I drag the shard across my skin, my thoughts turn to Aaron and Damon. Two bullies who now seem to want to be friends. I don't deserve friends. I don't deserve to be with Aaron. What did I do to make something like me deserve someone like him? Nothing. And Damon, did I do anything to deserve being treated like how he treated me, kindly?

No, I didn't.

So why? Why do they treat me like this?

I decide to stop cutting when half of my leg is covered in my blood. Tossing the glass shard in the garbage with the rest of them, I start cleaning up, bandaging my leg and wiping up the blood.

Leaving the bathroom, I fall onto my bed, curling up and contemplating my life after I turn on my music.

The first day of second semester is tomorrow. It's gonna suck. I don't think I'm too bad at science, but math it awful. Foods might not be too bad. As long as I get to eat some of what I make, then I might not be so hungry all the time. Art is gonna be my favourite. I had art last year, the teacher is nice and assignments are pretty fun.

As I look up as the picture of a forest I painted last year hanging on my wall, I hear the song Aoki Tsuki Michite by AmaLee start playing. Don't judge me, it's a good song. My lips start to mouth the lyrics, and then sing them softly.

My phone vibrates, drawing my attention to the glowing screen and the message notification shown on the lock screen. My curiosity and nervousness spring up when I see it's a new conversation with Aaron and Damon. Unlocking my phone and going to messages I watch as Damon throws question after question at Aaron.

Pedo Bear: Hi

Salvatore: What is this?

Salvatore: Why is Skye it?

Salvatore: Is this some form of more bullying?

Salvatore: I want no part in it, Mitchell.

Salvatore: Wait, how do you have his number?

Salvatore: I will kill you if you forced him to give it to you! Σ(-᷅_-᷄๑)

I almost smile. I don't know if he's being serious, but even the idea of someone defending me feels nice.

Pedo Bear: Slow the fuk down, Damon

Pedo Bear: I can't answer if you don't stop.

Salvatore: Well hurt up and explain

Salvatore: *hurry

Pedo Bear: Can you promise to not tell anyone? Not let anyone see this conversation either, everything said stays here?

Salvatore: I promise.

Pedo Bear: ಠ_ಠ

Salvatore: Oh now I'm offended

Salvatore: You know I don't break promises, Mitchell, whether they're promised in person or over text (● ˃̶͈̀ロ˂̶͈́)੭ꠥ⁾⁾