19. Mother no More

"Skye?"

"Hmm?"

"When you're allowed to leave, am I allowed to hold you and cuddle you in public?"

"That's what you're worried about?"

"Well yeah. I want everyone to know you're mine. My cute lil' boyfriend..." Aaron drifts off before hopefully adding, "if you'll still have me?"

I nod. "Yeah. And as long as it's not overdoing it on the PDA."

Aaron grins, that goofy, infectious grin. "Good. And now that I know you're ok with public affection and everyone knows I'm gay, I'm free to be a possessive bitch."

I tilt my head. "You don't seem as scared about coming out. You're really feeling alright?"

Aaron's hesitates then nods. "My dad was the only one I was really really concerned about. He's not... happy, but he said he'll try to accept me and Kota."

"Dakota came out too?" I ask.

Aaron nods again. "That's partly why I did. Kota said he would do it with me."

"And your mum?"

"Doesn't mind at all. She looks at us no differently, which was a huge relief. Like, really huge."

I purse my lips, finding myself to be a little jealous. "That's good."

Aaron tilts his head before his eyes turn sad. "Skye, I'm sorry, I didn't mean—"

"It's fine," I say, cutting him off. "I'm the one who asked. And I had my dad and am getting closer with Lucas. I'm fine."

Aaron studies me closely, looking for any hint of a lie. He sighs softly, leaning over to kiss my cheek lightly. "Just... Tell me if you're ever not fine?"

I nod, "I will."

"The king is here!" Damon says, sauntering in.

Aaron throws him a light glare, "must you always do that?"

"Do what?" Damon replies. "Shine with the light of awesomeness? Yes, yes I must."

"I meant yell when you come in," Aaron says.

"Always make a dramatic entrance," Damon says, pretending to be a wise mentor of some sort.

Aaron rolls his eyes, and behind Damon, Nicholai does the same, smiling fondly.

"Anyway," Damon says, "I need homework help, and since Aaron is no help, Skye, you're my science help now."

I tilt my head. "Help how?"

"Explaining stuff to me. For some reason I can never remember anything important and when I do, I don't understand it. So you're helping me."

"I'm not a very good teacher," I say hesitantly.

"Just try, please?"

Slowly, I nod. "Alright."

"See, I knew there's a reason why I love you!" Damon cheers.

Aaron scowls, wrapping one arm around my shoulders. "Mine."

Damon raises an eyebrow. "How very werewolf-like. Who's the Wolff here?"

"That would be me," Lucas says, walking in, Dad close behind him.

"Skye," Dad says, sitting next to me, his tone serious in a way that tells me I'm not going to like what he's going to say. "What would you think about coming with me to get your things, however few they may be, from our old home?"