11. Bonding

Aaron rolls his eyes then gets up and closes the door, looking at me. "Sorry about that, Skye."

"Oh don't be," I reply instantly. "The brotherly bond you have is cute."

Aaron gives me a soft smile. "So, that's one person I don't have to worry about hating me. I should've guessed there was something more between him and Marcus." He takes his bag off the chair at the desk. "Here, sit down. You can sit on my bed, if you prefer that."

"Oh, I'm alright on the chair," I say, blushing slightly and sitting down.

Sitting on his bed with him is a little out of my tiny comfort zone.

"So what do you wanna do?" Aaron asks, falling back onto his bed.

"You're the one who invited me," I reply. "And it's your house. What is there to do?"

"Uh, watch movies, Wii U, listen to Kota jabber about stuff I don't care about, or we can stay in here and talk," he lists.

"I'll choose talk," I say. "We can watch movies or play games later."

"Talk about what?"

"Uh, favourite colour, book, movie, place and person?" I ask, shrugging.

Aaron thinks for a few seconds. "Crimson red, Harry Potter, Avengers: Infinity War, the well on the edge of the park, by the bridge, and I don't know. You?"

"Sapphire Blue, Harry Potter, How to Train Your Dragon 2, the bridge in the park, by the well you like, and no one. I don't really like or trust anyone."

"Not even me?" Aaron asks, tilting his head, an exaggerated hurt expression on his face.

I shake my head. "I like and trust you more than anyone, but still not completely. For all I know, this could be some big 'funny' trick. Get me to trust you so you can stab me in the back."

Aaron shakes his head immediately. "It's not, I swear. This is genuine, no trick. I do want to be friends, Skye... I, uh... Well to be honest, I like you, Skye, in a different way than friends. It was an accident I texted you that night, but I wouldn't call it a mistake."

I don't reply right away. He just admitted to being interested in me. And being honest, I'm interested in him. It's not the super quick fall in love thing, but I don't think I would mind exploring and building a relationship with him. It would be a rather slow process, given my trust issues, but maybe it would be worth it.

After all, what do I have to lose? Well, my life and my phone/music lifeline, and that's pretty much it.

"Hey, AH," Aaron's voice cuts through my thoughts. "Fly back to me."

I blink and look at him. I feel a blush starting to colour my cheeks as I think of how to say what I want to say.

"Honestly, I... I want to try building something with you, Aaron," I whisper, avoiding his eyes. "It would be slow, and maybe you won't want to stay after seeing I probably can't give what you I want, but I would be willing to try."

"Me too," Aaron replies. His voice is soft, but I can hear his excitement and happiness. "You're the only person who makes me feel that warm fuzzy feeling inside, and the only person I've felt a strong connection like this with. And I sound like a girl."

I roll my eyes at his last sentence. "So... What are we then?"

"Boys?" Aaron offers, giving me a cheeky grin before becoming more serious. "What do you want us to be, Skye? Friends, less than that, more than that? As long as we can try to become more, I don't care what the lable is."