Carpool karaoke

Continued from last chapter:

"Beautiful song Harold" James said with a fond look once the song came to an end.

Harry didn't reply, just stared out the window with a spaced out look.

The boys didn't say anything, just waited for some sort of explanation or background story.

"The last time I heard that song in person was when you did the carpool solo, you remember that?" He asked Harry.

"Yeah" he quickly realised where he was and snapped out of his funk, "made me sing the whole first verse solo" he said with a smirk.

"You bet I did, anyway, Zayn, chosen to return then?" He said, looking over his shoulder at the model like man.

"Couldn't expect me to stay away forever now could you?" He said winking at the lads who gave him a smile in return.

"Well I don't know, I didn't really know what to expect when you left, what with all the interviews and such" he stated with a pointed look, brows raising.

Zayn scratched the back of his neck awkwardly, looking apologetic.

"Already had this chat, they know it was mainly just for publicity-

"Mainly?" Liam said in a questioning tone.

"You know what I mean" he said shrugging lightly, unbothered.

"I'll never get my chance now, you've stolen my position in the band Zayn, how un loyal of you" James said in a fake frustrated tone.

"Don't worry mate, you can be a backup dancer" Niall said with a snicker.

"Don't you mock my moves Horan, at least I know more routines besides the inbetweeners dance"

"Oi, that dance is genius, like you could do any better" Louis challenged.

"You want a battle Tomlinson?" James said teasingly.

"It's on" Louis replied smugly, high giving Zayn.

A minute later the intro to Stockholm syndrome played out through the car.

"Who's that shadow holding me hostage I've been here for days, who's this whisper telling me that I'm never gonna get away" Harry sung melodically, starting off the song.

"I know they'll be coming to find me soon, but I fear I'm getting used to, being held by you" Zayn sang for the first time being in the car, reminding the lads of the old days where the band was a five, not a four.

When the chorus hit, everyone in the car decided to belt out the lyrics, dancing around in their seats and having a laugh.

"Oh, baby look what you've done to me, oh, baby look what you've done now, baby I'll never leave if you keep holding me this way"