nine

Theseus had taken a week off of work after Leta Lestrange, his fiancée, died by the hands of Grindelwald

Theseus had taken a week off of work after Leta Lestrange, his fiancée, died by the hands of Grindelwald. He wanted time to relax and mourn before plotting his revenge against Grindelwald.

Instead of returning to his flat, he decided to go back home with his mother on her Hippogriff farm. Ariel Scamander welcomed her eldest son with open arms, sending him her condolences. She made it her mission to fatten him up and make him happy, but she wouldn't be able to do it alone. She enlisted Niya, a 25-year-old woman, who was the Scamander brothers' childhood friend.

Niya, as a 7-year-old, was given to Ariel for safe keeping, away from the dirty hands of Gellert Grindelwald. Niya never found out what happened to her family, but she had hope inside of her heart that they were alive and waiting for her to come back.

Even as an adult, Ariel was still very protective of Niya, and even tried to track down her parents for her. However, it was as if Nita's family was wiped off of all databases in the Wizarding World.

When Theseus became an Auror, he tried to do the same as his mother, only to end up with the same results.

Niya never truly remembered who she was, but she didn't mind. She had a new family, even if she was in love with one of her childhood friends.

She ended up helping Ariel with raising Hippogriffs. She didn't mind. She was thankful for Ariel and the two of them needed company. When Theseus had announced his marriage to Leta, Niya was heart-broken.

Theseus was a daft man, even if he had been accepted as an Auror and War Hero because of his skills and achievements. Even Newt could see how much Niya loved Theseus.

Even with Theseus's marriage to Leta, Ariel never stopped trying to set him up with Niya. Leta knew, but she never engaged with the situation.

Niya softly smiled at Theseus. "Welcome home, Thee."