seventeen

Theseus coughed to earn Newt's attention

Theseus coughed to earn Newt's attention. Newt had all ready been paying attention. He simply wasn't looking at Theseus as he found the hay on the ground much more interesting.

"Newt, please look at me. I'd like to talk to you - properly," he added.

Newt hesitantly looked up at his brother. Theseus sighed.

"I know you're planning on leaving soon - even if you have Mum convinced otherwise. Where are you going?" Theseus asked.

"Rio," he whispered. "But you're wrong - slightly. I'm going to be staying for a while. I have things to take care of - to think of."

"What are they?"

"Neeki," Newt replied. "The woman I was with. I - I can't leave her - not with him - with Grindelwald."

"She's chosen her side - "

"No!" Newt exclaimed, surprising Theseus. "She didn't choose that side because she was loyal to him. She chose that side because he had something she wanted - something he took from her. I will not rest until I speak to her again."

"You're quite... Sorry, I can't find the right words to tell you, but you're quite loyal to Neeki. Do you love her?" Theseus asked.

Newt hesitated. "I - I'm not so sure. Is it wrong of me to go after a friend?"

"You've never been one to dive into danger unless it concerned Dumbledore or your creatures. Why go after her if not for your creatures or Dumbledore?"

"I've grown attached to her," he quietly admitted. "I can't imagine waking up without her next to me, let alone live through it - which I've been doing for a while now. I'm not sure if I love her the way you think, but...I'd like to get her back."

Theseus nodded. "I get it," he whispered before looking over his shoulder. "I'm not sure if I can love her the way she wants me to love her."

Newt picked his words wisely. "You know."

"I do. I know Niya loves me, but I don't think I can start anything with her."

"Yet," Newt whispered.

"Yet," Theseus repeated.