nineteen

Theseus had gone back to work the next morning

Theseus had gone back to work the next morning. He was dressed in a suit with his cuffs rolled up. Niya didn't see him off because she was still asleep. Even if she didn't have a job - she worked for Ariel, helping her out - she still didn't like Mondays. She preferred to sleep in. She wasn't sure when he would return to Auror missions, but he said he wanted to move out of his flat, so hopefully, he would do that first before risking his life on the field again.

Niya stretched her arms above her head and transformed into her Animagus form. She meowed and rolled around in her bed. She purred and closed her eyes, falling asleep again.

The door to her room quietly opened. She recognized the smell immediately. Newt walked to the edge of her bed and scratched her ears. She purred again, reminding him of Neeki. Newt was saddened by the thought of her and promptly stopped scratching Niya's ears.

Niya sensed his sadness and opened her eyes, peering at him curiously. He softly grimaced as a smile.

"It's nothing, Niya. Just - Just don't worry about it," he reassured.

She transformed back into her human form. Newt and Niya shared a look with each other. They both knew that look of longing and heartbreak.

"What's her name?" Niya asked. "Or his."

"Her name is Neeki," Newt replied. "Though I'm not sure if that's still her name. I found her in Asia and she had no recollection of her past, so I named her. She's with Grindelwald now. She's chosen her side, but I don't blame her. She deserves to know her past."

Niya nodded, but she couldn't stand the thought of Grindelwald. "Of course."

"However...one thing was rather odd," Newt said. "Her Animagus form is a black panther, like you. It's not uncommon to share similar Amimagi, but the same type? That's unheard of, if not rare."

Niya chewed on her lip. "There's only been one Animagus I know of who shared the same form as me, but I've lost all contact with her."