twelve

Ariel eagerly let her youngest son in after he knocked on the door

"Oh - Newton, I'm so glad you could come," Ariel gushed as she hugged him tightly.

He cringed slightly as he hugged his mother back. "Of course I would, Mum."

"Well, you've always been so busy traveling around the world. I'm glad you've come here when your brother needs you most."

"Of course. Theseus has lost someone dear to him," he replied.

"Yes, yes, I should expect so. Niya, will you be a dear and ask Theseus to come down?" Ariel requested.

She nodded and walked to Theseus's room that was down the hallway.

"I trust you remember how to get to your room, Newton?" Ariel asked.

He nodded, grabbing his case before walking to his room next to Theseus's room. He stopped by Niya who was gently coaxing him through the door. Her forehead was pressed against the door.

"Would you like some help?" Newt asked.

"Oh - thank you, Newt, but go ahead and get settled. I'm sure I can get him out in time for dinner."

He stiffly nodded. "If you're sure."

He moved past her, leaving her alone with Theseus's door. She sighed and jingled the door handle.

"You and I both know I could unlock this door, Thee. You can either come out on your account or I can force my way in."

He didn't respond to her threat.

"Well, you asked for it." She took out her wand and pointed it at the doorknob. "Alohomora."

The door opened and she ran into the room before he could slam the door in her face. She shut the door behind her and leaned against it as she stared at Theseus staring at the ceiling. She didn't know what to do with a broken Theseus. She liked it when he was happy - so seeing him depressed over another woman. However, he was happy when Leta was alive. He had never been happier before. What would it take for him to just love her? Would she have to die as well?

"Thee, please come down for dinner. Newt is here. He came to visit us. Your mother is preparing dinner - your favorite," Niya said.

He continued to stare at the ceiling.

She gulped. "When you're ready, come down. I really hope you can find the energy to eat with us. It would make me extremely happy if you could. I hate seeing you like this. I love you, Theseus. Don't do this."

She opened the door.

"The last person who told me they loved me was Leta," he whispered.

Niya froze.

"Don't leave me too."