fifteen

The two finally walked down for dinner

The two finally walked down for dinner. Newt and Ariel had only been waiting for less than five minutes. Ariel was completely elated that Niya managed to get Theseus down for dinner, while Newt - as usual - awkwardly avoided eye contact with Theseus.

Theseus took a seat next to Newt, while his mother and were on the other side of the table. When no one made the first move, Theseus reached out for his spoon and scooped the mashed potatoes from the bowl onto his plate. Everyone else did the same with other various food items.

"How are you feeling now, Theseus?" Ariel asked.

He faintly smiled before coughing and grabbing his glass to drink water. "I'm better, Mum." When she gave him a look, he said, "I really am."

Then, he looked at Niya who smiled at him before shoving a spoonful of mashed potatoes into her mouth. Ariel, seeing the look he sent Niya, smiled and nodded before eating. Newt was just completely lost, having no idea what had just happened.

"Oh!" Ariel exclaimed, interrupting the silence they once held for a moment. "I forgot to feed the Hippogriffs. Niya, would you mind helping me after dinner?"

She nodded. "Of course."

"I'll help," Theseus volunteered.

"No, it's all right," Niya reassured. "I want you to relax. You should take a shower after dinner instead."

"Are you implying I smell bad?" he asked playfully.

"Perhaps only a little rotten," she bit back.

"Um - I'll help feed them," Newt said. "If that's all right."

The three looked at Ariel.

"Oh, that's fine. I can sleep early tonight, after all," Ariel said. "Thank you, Newton, Niya."

The two nodded. Dinner resumed.

"Take care of yourself," Niya whispered to Theseus, sending him a look.

He stiffly nodded, downing his glass of water. Ariel proceeded to cast Aguamenti.