twenty-one

Niya offered to help Theseus move Leta's items, as well as his own items, out of his flat

Niya offered to help Theseus move Leta's items, as well as his own items, out of his flat. When everything was properly packed away, he would go back home. Ariel was completely elated her children were coming back permanently, even with both of them losing someone dear to them.

Niya was levitating things into the throwaway box. Theseus wanted nothing to do with Leta's clothes or furniture. There was a separate box for her personal belongings. Niya looked at the clock on the wall as the last of Leta's belongings was put into the correct box. She left the room, softly closing the door behind her as she walked to Theseus's room.

She had admitted that she found it odd that they had separate rooms, but Theseus told her it was because Leta was still uncomfortable with showing affection. Niya leaned on the doorway of Theseus's room. He stood by his desk, holding a picture frame. She couldn't see what the picture was or who was in it.

"Is it Leta?" she asked.

He looked over his shoulder and smiled. "No, it's actually Newt, you, and I. You two are wearing your Hufflepuff robes."

She walked over to him to look at the moving picture. Niya was between the two brothers at the train station. She had one arm around Newt's neck, bringing him in for a hug as her other hand gave him a noogie. Theseus was smiling, wrapping his arm around her waist. Newt was struggling and blushing, trying to get away from her.

"I remember this," Niya whispered, stroking the frame. "I wish I could go back."

"Sometimes, it's better to live in the present," Theseus said, looking at her. "You taught me to never dwell in the past."

She smiled. "Well, I'm glad you're learning. Now, come on. If you're tired for the day, I'm sure your mum is expecting us home."