eleven

Niya walked to the kitchen, knowing Ariel would want to know what happened

Niya walked to the kitchen, knowing Ariel would want to know what happened. Niya was right. Ariel was sitting at the kitchen island, staring at the doorway. When Niya walked in, Ariel perked up.

"Well, what happened?"

"He let me in," Niya answered.

Ariel sighed, reassured that her son did something besides lay down in bed. "And?"

"He didn't say anything to me. I don't blame him. I think it's best if he copes, Ariel. He came back to us for a sense of security. He's the head Auror and a War Hero, but sometimes, I think he just needs to feel protected for once," Niya said with a soft smile. "It's our duty to do that as his family."

A hand shot out and suddenly smacked onto her shoulder, then gripped it. Niya jumped slightly, turning around to face Theseus.

"Oh - have you finished dinner? I told you to leave it by the door," she said.

He shook his head. "Didn't finish," he whispered hoarsely. "Came for more water."

"Oh - I can get that for you." Niya took out her wand, levitated a glass and filled it with water, then it slowly floated to Theseus.

He stared down at her as he grabbed the glass. She smiled warmly, not expecting anything in return.

"Thank you," he whispered, turning away and walking back to his room.

She hummed in recognition before turning back to Ariel, who was moping once more.

"I just wish he would talk to us - to me. Newt hasn't been home in years. I've finally got Theseus back, but he's broken. No mother wants to see her children like that, Niya."

Niya reassuringly smiled and placed her hand on top of Ariel's hand. "I'll Owl Newt tonight. I'll tell him to visit. Even with Grindelwald's reign, I'm sure he can come visit us. It's the least he could do after his and Theseus's loss."

Ariel nodded. "Thank you."