[Franken Cuisine] All Things Good Loaf

Hello, Spring!

The sun is staying with us longer and allergies are on the rise. Undoubtedly, Spring is here.

Yeah, I know, this is bikini bod prep season. But then, I don't care much for that.

However after all the sweets I forced upon you in February, I'll give in

However after all the sweets I forced upon you in February, I'll give in. Although this is still baked goods, it's savory and unexpectedly healthy!

Care for a loaf? Let's go!

All things good Loaf

What you need:
3.5 onz of Olive Oil (plus a bit extra on the side for greasing)
10 onz of Asparagus
7 onz of self raising flour
1 tbs of thyme leaves
3 large eggs, slightly beaten
3 onz of milk
a handful of black olives (pitted now, I don't want you to miss a tooth over this)
3 onz of sun dried tomatoes (chopped)
3 onz of gruyère cheese, grated

Now to the fun part. Let's bake this baby!

How to get there:

Heat oven to 190 degrees

Oil and line the base of a loaf tin (approx 22 x 10 x 5cm) with baking paper.

Cook the asparagus in boiling, salted water for 2 mins, drain, then cool quickly under cold running water. Pat dry. (Save some of those beautiful asparagus tips for later)

Mix the flour and thyme with seasoning in a large bowl. (Take all you need because Thyyyyyme is on your side. Sorry) Make a space in the center, add the eggs, milk and oil, stir and incorporate ingredientes. Beat for 1 min to make a smooth batter.

Reserve 5-10 asparagus tips and a few extra olives. Add the remaining asparagus, tomatoes, olives and two-thirds of the cheese to the batter.

Pour into the tin, then put the reserved asparagus and olives on top. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.

Bake for 35-40 mins until the loaf feels firm to the touch and is golden and crusty on top. Yum!

Cool in the tin for 5 mins, then turn out and cool on a wire rack.

Voila! You'll be ready for some (slightly guiltless) delightful treat!