part TWO!

GUYS LOOK AT THE PICTURE I DREW!! (ignore america's weird body shape) (and YES ik russia could just say 'doubt,' but just pretend it's funny, okay??) I just really dig the style most countryhumans are drawn in bc its pretty simple and looks cool! 

Also please no one steal my art (if you even want to call it that lmao) bc that's against the law :/

"Hey America! Long time no see!"

"Ames! Hit me up later, we should hang out!"

America smiled and waved and nodded and the various people who called out his name as Russia followed him like a giant silent shadow. This was part of the reason he didn't like spending a lot of time around America, the dude was like the fucking sun, emitting thousands of beams and making everyone happy to see him. Russia wasn't sure if he wanted to be friends with the human version of a disco ball.

"Hey, Russia!"

Russia looked over to see one of his good friends - one of his only friends, really - Germany, who was sitting at a table with France. Germany beckoned him over as France fluttered his fingers in a wave.

Russia tapped America on the shoulder and lowered his head a bit so he wouldn't have to talk so loud. "Hey Meri, I'm going to go sit with Germany, so don't worry when I disappear."

"Okay!" America smiled brightly and then went back to talking with Australia. Russia made his way over to Germany and France.

France patted the seat next to him expectantly, and when Russia looked up at Germany for help, the other country crossed his arms and gave Russia a look that said 'Sit.'

Gritting his teeth, Russia sat next to France. Even though he had known France for several years, he was never able to look past the pompous voice and gaudy clothes of the french country. Something about France reminded Russia of nails sliding down a chalkboard - maybe it was his squeaky laugh? However, France was extremely close friends with Germany, so Russia had to bite his tongue and bear it.

"Oh mon ami, comme c'est gentil à vous joindre à nous," France purred, batting his eyes.

"I don't know what you're saying," Russia said tiredly, already regretting his decision to sit. France did this to everyone.

"Ohohoh! Ma faute," France chuckled. "I forgot you were uneducated in the language of love~."

How does Germany stand this guy? He's like Meri, but ten times worse. Russia placed his head in his hands and groaned. "I was right, there are worse people to room with than Meri."

Germany leaned forward over his meal. Russia mentally reminded himself that he needed to go get food at some point. "Hey, speaking of America, where'd you get that nickname for him? I've never heard anyone else use it before."

"Uhh... I don't know, it just happened when we were friends in middle school," Russia muttered, not bothering to give the whole story.

Russia and America had been fairly close in middle school, and one day Russia had slipped up and called America 'Meri' by accident. (America had laughed at him for a solid minute, and then demanded that Russia keep calling him that.) Eventually though, the two countries fell into different crowds and didn't bother to keep in touch. And when high school rolled around... some stuff happened, and the fragile friendship they had was broken. The only reason Russia kept calling America by his nickname after all those years was because he didn't care enough to take the time to pronounce America's full name. Meri's easier than America, he reasoned. It rolls off the tongue better.

"Russia, why don't you give me a nickname?" France winked flirtatiously.

"Asshat," Russia responded instantaneously.

France frowned, and Germany gave a good-natured laugh. "Russia, why don't you go grab some food? You need to eat."

"Yeah okay," Russia stood up from the table. "I'll be back."

"We won't go anywhere," Germany assured. France blew him a kiss.

France blatantly flirted with everyone. Russia had once seen him talking up an old woman, but France had vehemently denied it, saying he was asking for directions. Germany insisted that France was more than he appeared to be and was apparently great at shooter games. Russia still had his doubts.

Making his way over to the buffet, Russia picked up a tray and began absentmindedly piling food on it.

"Hey Rus!"

Russia jumped and nearly dropped his tray in surprise. He spun to face America, who smiled innocently. "Don't sneak up on me like that."

"I didn't sneak up on you, you just need to quit being so jumpy," America scoffed. "And anyways, I was wondering if you wanted to sit with me and everyone else!"

"Oh..." Stupid of him to offer. None of his friends want my company anyways. "I'm sitting with Germany and France, remember?"

America looked disappointed. "Ok, but if you change your mind..."

"Thanks, but no thanks."

The other country huffed a sigh. "Fine!"

"Fine," Russia repeated as he walked away, back to Germany and France. France was laughing at something Germany had said - god, what an annoying laugh.

"Hey, hey Russia," Germany said excitedly as Russia sat down. His eyes were glittering with pride, probably from making France laugh. Germany wasn't well known for his jokes. "What do married women and grenades have in common?"

"What."

"When you pull the ring off, your house goes away!"

"Ha ha," Russia said unenthusiastically as France burst into another peal of laughter.

"Mon ami, that was brilliant! You should be a comedian!" France declared. Germany blushed at the praise.

Russia shook his head. "You should probably stick to your studies."

Germany frowned before lighting up. "Hey, I have another joke! So two guys walk into a bar..."

Russia sighed, resigned to his fate.

03/29/19