thirtytwo

haha surprise! it hasn't even been a month, im such a generous author B) okey now im gonna disappear for the rest of the year ✌️😘 see ya!

"Ames, please."

"No."

"Please!!"

"I said no."

"PLEASEEE????"

"Stop it!" America snapped, turning to see Moldova properly. "I'm not gonna let you into my dorm room so you can ransack Russia's shit, I know that's what you want to do!"

Moldova put her hands up in mock surrender, and America huffed a sigh and scooted his chair around where he could face where a large-ish percentage of eastern Europe was sitting. He had been hanging out in a small common area with tables and comfy chairs, playing cards with Estonia, Slovakia, and Serbia, but then more had shown up, which led to...

Them wanting his help to harass Russia. Damn, they really hated that guy.

"You guys and others have been bothering him for like over a week, can't you just give it a rest??"

Latvia steepled his fingers, resting his elbows on the table between them. "I don't think you're getting it, though I inspected you of all people to understand."

" 'Expected' ," Estonia corrected softly.

Latvia didn't seem to appreciate the correction, shooting his Baltic brother a side-eye glare. "Sounds the same to me. Anyways-- what I'm trying to say, Amerika, is that you need to stop trying to baby and guarding the kuce. Just let him fend for himself. It's not like he wants your help with anything anyways, right?"

Oof. That was true, Russia wasn't particularly fond of when America would butt in and try to help out. Sometimes, though, America just knew his help would make the problem a lot better. The issue was that with Russia, America didn't have a great track history of actually improving any of his problems.

"I'm not 'guarding' him or anything." America shifted and leaned back in his chair, folding his arms over his chest. "I'm just not willing to actively participate in your harassment of him. It's childish and immature." He tried to keep his voice calm and steady, with a tone of authority. It was hard to keep his composure and not give in when so many countries were pressuring him. He never was good at handling peer pressure, probably because of his desperate need to be liked.

Latvia snorted. "Says you. You're one of the most immature countries out there, right next to Lithuania."

"Hey," Lithuania complained. "Denmark's the one that still plays with Legos, not me. And anyways, just yesterday you..."

He suddenly quieted, his words trailing off into an annoyed sigh. "There he goes," he muttered under his breath, eyes following someone across the room but being inconspicuous about it. "The queen bitch himself."

America twisted around in his seat to catch a glimpse of Russia hurrying out of the commons room, only discernible by his height and that hat on his head. Maybe he was late for a class?

Turning back to the other countries, he frowned disapprovingly. "Still... you guys doing all this petty middle-school level stuff to Russia doesn't make you any better than him. Just forgive and move on. He's changed, you need to stop attacking him for mistakes he made in the past."

Poland laced his fingers together and offered a closed-eye smile. "America. Russia broke my arm and spat in my face my second year of high school, and that was one of the tamer things. Do you really think me snapping his damn pencils is worse than that?"