numero 9

negg

Russia felt bad about leaving America alone - the idiot couldn't tie his own shoes, much less properly take care of himself after a night of drinking - but America had told him it was okay to leave, and Russia was all too eager to escape the awkward atmosphere.

He huffed a sigh, walking down the hallway. It was surprising that America didn't remember anything, although to be honest, Russia didn't remember everything in clarity either. He only remembered vague moments of panic with flashes of America crying - why was that so painful to think about? - and the other country clinging to him and talking about how he wasn't loved, which was obviously bullshit. America had tons of friends, and it was easy for anyone to see that they cared about him.

Russia also remembered pretending to be asleep when America woke up, and watching the other country lightly touch him through a half opened eye. When America had realized Russia was actually awake, he had panicked and stumbled over his words, his eyes glancing around nervously as he searched for an excuse.

It was cute.

What?

Russia quickly shook his head. It wasn't weird to think his roommate was cute on rare occasions - nearly everyone could agree that the bubbly country was very likable with his infectious grin. It wasn't weird. Was it?

"Russia!" He looked up to see Germany waving at him from down the hall. He took a few steps to catch up with his friend. "I'm surprised to see you up and about after last night."

"I could say the same for you," Russia said, amused as he recalled Germany chugging several large mugs of beer.

Germany brushed down the front of his white button up shirt. "Hey, unlike America, I can actually handle my drinks." He brightened. "Speaking of America, aren't you rooming with him?"

"Yeah."

They left the dorm building. "Yikes," Germany laughed. "Must be hard for you, I know how you like things clean and quiet."

"It's not that bad," Russia muttered, surprising himself. "Although," he frowned, "he did throw up on the carpet this morning. He's staying in today; you'd think he's never had a hangover before."

Germany laughed again as they entered another building, going into the classroom. "Oh, I should warn you, Japan-"

"Rrrrrrussia!" a small body pounced onto Russia's back with a purr. "I've been waiting for you~!"

"- wants to 'talk' with you," Germany finished. Japan giggled and rubbed her head against Russia's. Russia tried to get her off, and Germany finally helped, pulling the small girl off of the larger country's back.

Japan trailed them as they walked to their seats. "Ne ne, Russia, how're you doing after last night?"

"Fine...?" Russia sat down in the desk farthest from the door and looked at Japan as she posed in front of his desk. She was, as usual, wearing a schoolgirl outfit and cat ears. When she smiled, Russia could see tiny sharp canines. She was small, smaller than America, but a huge threat to everyone single and in a relationship. She had a reputation for meddling.

"Did you and America fuck last night??"

"WHAT??" Germany jumped up from his seat next to Russia he had just settled in to, and stared at Russia. "You hooked up with him?"

"You believe her?" Russia countered after recovering from Japan's blunt question.

Japan giggled mischievously. "I saw you two stealing glances at each other all last night! It was so kawaii!"

"What?" Russia asked, confused.

"And THEN I followed you two after the party - "

"What?"

"- AND I heard Ameri-chan saying that he wanted to kiss you!" Japan squealed, overly excited. "And then you two disappeared into your room!"

"He was drunk," Russia defended. "I was drunk. Nothing happened between us!" Japan frowned. "He's just clingy when intoxicated, he'd say to that anyone."

Her ears perked up. "Sugoi, really?"

"Don't get any ideas," Germany looked at her suspiciously. She had a dreamy expression and her tail was twitching back and forth as she stared off into space.

Japan broke out of her daydream, looking expectantly at Russia. "I still think you two should hook up, it would be so cute! Well, bye~" she bounced away to go pester Brazil, who looked like he was high.

Russia sighed and slouched back in his seat. The room felt larger without the loud presence of America.

Germany leaned forward in his seat, looking at Russia. "You should probably stick close to America so Japan doesn't drug him and then make out with him. You know how she is."

"Meri can handle himself," Russia pulled a water bottle out of his bag and took a sip.

Germany eyed the bottle, wisely not commenting on Russia's nickname for America or questioning the contents of the water bottle.

After a few minutes, the rest of the students filed in, and the teacher started the lesson. Something about math in science. Russia didn't care. He spun his pencil between his fingers and stared at his desk, wondering if America had fallen asleep, cleaned up the vomit yet, or had remembered to take some pills for his headache.

Not that it mattered to Russia, of course. He just didn't want to be stuck taking care of his roommate.

Russia is a tsundere: confirmed

04/02/19