NEINteen

y'all hating on georgia so much, i didnt mean to make her into such a bad guy :(( shes not the main antagonist, she's just petty like the rest of us

(thanks for 300 followers!! wow!!!!)

Georgia sighed, mimicking America by crossing her arms. "Fine. What."

"Don't act like you don't know." America sat down. Armenia scooted over to make room for him. "And I'll bet everyone else here knows too," he added with a scowl.

"I found the commie's stuff after you left," she rushed out.

Just by the way she had answered, America knew she was lying. Besides, he hadn't even said it was about Russia's missing things. "Bullshit."

Georgia's mouth opened and closed. "I- "

"Don't you have better things to do with your time other than be mean?" America started to stand. "Seriously, you- "

Poland reached over and put a hand on America's arm nervously, pulling him back down. "Ame, calm down. She had reasons. We all have reasons."

"Reasons for what?" America snapped. "What else have you done?"

"What? Nothing!" Poland pulled his hand away. "I just mean that we all have reasons to dislike Russia. You do too, actually."

"Great, a 'Let's Hate Russia' club," America hooked his fingers in the air sarcastically. "Look, I don't know what your guys' problem is, but you need to let the past go. Russia's changed, he's different now! Besides, none of what happened in high school was his fault, it was all Soviet."

"He only let Russia call him that," Georgia mumbled.

America gave her a confused look. "I don't get why you of all people hate him so much. I mean, I can understand Poland, but you were in the commie club too! Weren't you friends?"

"No," Georgia muttered. "Nothing about that 'club' was friendly."

America waited for her to continue, watching the smaller country glance up at Tajikistan and Latvia. He suddenly realized that a good deal of the countries at this table had been in the 'commie club,' or had been related to it in some way. Huh.

Georgia finally sighed. "I guess it won't hurt to tell you, USSR's gone anyways. He was... pretty awful to everyone in his little group, but he always treated Russia so damn nice compared to the rest of us, like he was something special." She clenched her fist.

"So..." America tilted his head. "You're mad because Soviet liked Russia the most?"

She shrugged, making momentary eye contact with Kazakhstan. "It's not about liking. I didn't want the bastard to like me."

"Yeah, he was scary," Armenia chimed in.

"It's just that..." Georgia frowned. "Russia got out of a lot of stuff. A lot of stuff. I'd get slapped for talking back, and Russia would get a soft pat on the cheek." She rubbed her neck ruefully. "I think USSR choked me once. Belarus made him stop before I passed out, though."

"And you didn't tell a teacher??" America was shocked.

Georgia shrugged again. "What were they going to do? They'd probably take his word over mine, I was just an underclassman. He had a lot of influence. And he was a 'good student' so all the teachers liked him."

America put his elbows on the table. "Well, we all know how bad Soviet was."

"He was so set on forcing me to become a part of his 'group,' and once he did, I was treated like fucking dirt," she spat, getting angry. Estonia patted her shoulder. "A lot of us were. High school wasn't a pleasure trip."

"Okay, but how does that relate to Russia?"

Georgia sighed heavily. "USSR used Russia for most of his dirty work, and Russia was always too happy to comply, whether it be terrorizing other students, beating one of us, or... I don't know." She drummed her fingers on the table. "He did everything USSR asked of him, and got treated like a fucking princess."

"I think that Russia must've been sucking USSR's dick, and that's why he was treated better than us," Azerbaijan chimed in with his opinion. Then he laughed. "It sounds stupid when I say it aloud."

"Russia beat you guys??"

"Not too often," Georgia said. "Sometimes it was Soviet if he was really mad at us, but that only happened once or twice I think. I didn't really see how messed up all this shit was until junior-senior year."

"How- "

"We were freshmen, America," Georgia interrupted, brows furrowed. "He got us in his group when we were freshmen. We were like babies, we didn't know how anything was supposed to work."

Armenia cleared her throat. "And... USSR was really nice at first. Really nice. An upperclassman taking freshmen as friends was basically unheard of, so..."

So he was manipulating them? "Huh."

"Do you get it now, America?" Georgia asked. "These little petty things we do- they're not that bad compared to what he did to some of us. We're not hurting Russia, just trying to make his life a little difficult to make up for those years of smooth sailing in high school."

"I don't know," America said doubtfully. "Revenge isn't always the best option. And anyways, it was all Soviet's fault, not Russia's."

Georgia shook her head. "He never resisted. He was happy to just have an excuse to do bad things, I know it."

It was true, America had noticed Russia never seemed to fight back against Soviet. "I'll... try to talk to him later," America finally said after a moment's thought. "All this tension isn't good. You guys should be friends."

"Good luck with that," Georgia muttered, taking a sip of her drink.

we finally get to start hearing about soviet!! yay drama

also stop following me so fast bc then i have to speedwrite these things. go follow chaffinks instead bc they actually deserve it and i love them <33

08/25/19