Chapter 3

--------------- Laura -------------

In that moment, I honestly didn't think about what I was doing. And looking back on it, I regret every step I took, every muscle moment I made towards that door. In those few seconds it took to answer the door, I felt more confident and strong than I had in my whole life. But as soon, as the door cracked open and my consciousness resurfaced, my resolved melted into the entry way carpet.

It wasn't until I felt the second impact of the floor to my head, that I came to regret my getting up from the couch.

I have to say, I expected something... But it wasn't a knife being driven into my stomach...

I clearly remember thinking this, and seeing Jeff step over the threshold to the bunker, before I blacked out.

------------ Sam ----------------

We shouldn't have let her answer the door. One of us should have gone with her.

The worst part, was the sound. The silence. The heavy door creaking on it's hinges. I could hear my heart beat in my throat. The disturbing sound of metal sinking into skin, followed by a gasp and the thud of a body hitting the floor.

Sheer panic swept over my mind, but I couldn't move. Why couldn't I move?

I looked silently with terror filled eyes to Dean. As soon as our eyes connected, our bodies came back into our own control.

-------------Dean-----------------

I stood up so fast my head spun, and the sharp turn into the entry way didn't help. At least I didn't slip on the rug and hit the deck. Sam has done that a couple times.

The scene swam into view, and my blood boiled. Laura lay on her back, with a knife protruding from her abdomen. Jeff stood in the door way, clearly he didn't expect her to be the one answering the door.

"Laura," I shouted, sliding to last few feet to get to her. I didn't worry about Jeff, Sam jump tackled him out the door. And had him successfully pinned to the front door step by the time I looked up.

"Oh my god..." I mumbled under my breath, taking off the plaid shirt I had on over my T-shirt, and pressing it to the place where the knife stuck out.

"Sammy!" I called out the door "We're gonna need a legit doctor this time,"

"Damn it," he mumbled.

The phone calls were made, and the ambulance and squad cars were on their way.

The minutes dragged on, I could take my eyes off of Laura's beautiful face. When suddenly she squinted in her unconsciousness, scrunching up her nose.

"Laura. Baby can ya hear me?" I said loud enough for her to hear, but not loud enough to hurt her with volume.

She let out a pained moan.

"I know baby, I know. Everything's gonna be alright. You're gonna be okay," i said trying to distract myself, by stroking her hair.

"Dean?" She half moaned half cried.

"It's okay. You're okay," I soothed.

"Laura!" A strangled cry came from outside. "Laura!"

My head shot up, to glare hell fire at Jeff.

"Jeff?" Laura sobbed in fear, clinging to my shirt.

"Laura. When we get out of this. You're gonna come home with me. And I'm not going to let these two psychos hurt you anymore. Just like it used to be," he shouted into the door. I could now hear the sirens of the authorities getting closer.

Laura sobbed. "No," she moaned "no no no,"

"Laura. I promise you, everything is gonna be okay. I'm never going to let you get hurt by him again. If I have to sell my soul again, I will,"

Laura just sobbed harder.

The sirens wailed outside, and a couple cops relived Sammy of the job of keeping that son of a bitch Jeff away from Laura.

The paramedics came running in, as the cop finished reading Jeff his Miranda Rights.

"These people are going to help you baby. You're gonna be okay,"

"Dean," her voice stricken with fear and anxiety, "please don't leave me,"

"Never in a million years, baby"

15 minutes later, they had her on the stretcher, loaded in the ambulance. She clung to my hand and tried not to cry as they began trying to safely remove the knife.

My head was spinning. I thought I might black out. Exhaustion, worry, anxiety, and fear... Especially fear presided in my mind. But I kept a calm and confident demeanor for Laura. Smiled through my panic.