Sunday, 31st March 2019

Penelope

Penelope

It was the 31st of March 2018, when I sat on that boney hospital bed and was told I was going to die.

It's been a year since then, approximately one year to go and then I suppose its lights out, goodbye world and hello the unknown.

I devised a plan, I sat down one night and wrote a list of all the things I wanted to do before I died.

And now one year to go and I've completed my list and I'm left on this earth without a purpose feeling isolated from life.

I had a plan and now I don't.

Penelopes list:

-Scuber diving ✔️
-Sky diving✔️
-Swimming with sharks✔️
-Live alone✔️
-Have a huge 21st bday party✔️
-Go to New Zealand✔️
-Ace University✔️
-Take my sister to go see Ed sheeran✔️
-Cut my hair super short✔️
-Buy my first car✔️
-Fall in love ✔️
- Harry Lewis

I gaze over the list, my eyes hovering over the last goal, almost wishing for a second that it wasn't there.
I

though about ignoring it, but then it hit I have a year left and I don't want to die regretting never speaking to Harry Lewis again.

I looked out of my garden, my coffee tightly clasped in my hand and made a vow.

I, Penelope Louise Jenson one day before I die will make things right with my ex, Harold Lewis.

Why did we break up?

I suppose neither of us could help it, it was just in both of our heads that it wasn't working. It's quite simple really, there was no tragic ending that caused us both to hate each other. In fact I couldnt hate him.

We were supposed to stay friends, after the whole break up happened. I couldnt do it, it was hell seeing him look at me longingly, so I left because seeing me not with him was torturing him everyday.

I never wanted to cut him completely out of my life, but I needed space for both us to move on but he wouldn't let me have that.
S

o three years ago now I left, moved to Brighton and I never looked back.

I regret it, I couldve handled it better and we might still be friends, who knows?

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.