Friday, 5th May 2019

Penelope

Penelope

Tonight she dressed up by straightening my hair, doing her makeup with products that are possibly out of date and wearing a classic cute short black dress.

Penelope felt good, for the first time in forever she could recognise herself. The girl staring back at her, was no longer sad or bitter about the turn her life had taken. No, this girl was the old her, and she never wanted her to leave again.

She hadn't dressed up for no reason however, the cals and Harry where throwing one of their infamous partys at their flat.

“Are you girls ready, we're going to be late” Simon called, from the living room.

“One second” Pebelope shouts back down, before turning to Talia, who was standing in awe.

“Pen, babes you look bangin” She compliments, boosting her self esteem further.

“As do you” Pen say, “Now come on let's go before the boys throw an even bigger fit” she joke, as they both laugh whilst exiting the room

--------Time skip---------

Penelope couldn't for the life of her remember why she used to be such a party girl, she really had changed she thought. It's way to hot, the sweaty body's to cramped together heat radianting of their bodies causing her dress to stick uncomfortably to her porcelain skin.

“Talia!” she shouted over the loud thumping music, “I'm going to go to the balcony for fresh air” she says, letting her know where she was headed.

Talia nods in response, before going back to dancing with the other girls as Penelope rushed to the balcony.

I prop myself up on the balconys edge, resting my chin on my knee as I plunge my thoughts into the intricate mess of lies my life had become.

“Never thought I'd see the day Penelope Bradley left the party early” she heared him joke from behind her. “You've changed Penny” He says, half jokingly not realising the hard truth behind it.

She had changed, massively but heartbreak does that to a person.

“I don't want to talk” she snaped, her mood suddenly taking a sour turn for the worse. “Can you just leave me alone” she spat, the last thing she wanted to think about right now was the whole mess between her, him and now Hannah.

“You are unbelievable” He shouts, throwing his hands in the air dramatically. “I just got you back, and now you're pushing me away again and I promise you this is the last time im willing to try and fix things between us so if you want to keep pushing me away go for it but you will loose me” He retaliated to the girls  snappiness.

He didn't know it, but she was pushing him away to protect him. Because if they fixed what had been broken, if they became friends again it would only hurt him when she had to leave again.

“I'm unbelievable!” she exclaimed, her tone denying the claim.

“Yes!” He shouts. “You broke my heart, left me and when I finally thought I had moved on, you then come back and now no matter how hard I try to fight it of to fight us off all I can think about is you” He confesses, as the tears begin to build up in both their brown eyes.

“You've been thinking about me?” She asked, confused as to why his mind seemed to always drift to her when he had a beautiful blonde drooling over him.

“Ever since you told me you're not happy on the beach the other week all I can think about is how all I seem to want in the world anymore is for you to be happy because apparently I care about your feeling more than my own” He rants, pacing around the balcony.

“Harry” she sighed, “You don't have to worry about me, like you said im strong I can get through it on my own” she reasoned, trying to calm the frantic, aching boy down.

“Is it a boy?” He says, dismissing her every word, “Because if that's what's making you unhappy, tell me his name and kill him” He threatens, causing her to break out a small chuckle as she looks to the floor avoiding his harsh gaze. “I want you to be happy P, no matter what that means. You deserve someone to look at you the way I used to look at you with complete and honest devotion. So if it is a boy you're crying over, don't because you deserve better than that” He conconcludes, then he turns to leave the balcony her head now swirling with questions.

“Why?” she shouts, regretting it instantly but not wanting him to go, “Why do you want me to be happy after I just left you like that?” she  puzzled.

“I might not be in love with you anymore, not the way I used to be but, I do love you” He trys to explain, only to further confuse her adding a billion more questions to the already raging storm inside her fragile head. “and yeah you could have handled things better than just leaving but we were both young and thought we had all the answers. You made a mistake, and I forgive you for it, I just hope you learn from it” He smiled, before making his exit.

She sat in the cold for around 20 minutes, thinking about every word that had left both their mouths. She wondered if he had meant each and everyone, just as she had.

But she thought mainly about how he had said he wanted to fix them to become friends again.

She had a dilemma, Pen didn't know how to fix them or if it was even wise to. She knew it would cause more bad than good but the temptation was dangerously high.

She needed a distraction and she would find it in freezy.

Storming back into the flat like the mad women on a mission she was Penelope began to search for freezy. He wasnt hard to find be it he was rather tall.

She pulled him from his friends, chip and Joel she thought their names where, if she remember rightly.

She pulled his face to hers, and without hesitation from either of them they both passionately connected their lips.

He pulls away, leaving her confused the smile wiping from her face, “Should we take this to my room” He smirks his cocky half smile, that Pen was so damn attracted to as the smile returns to her face all confusion gone.

“Fuck yes”