~STEROIDS AND STIGMAS~

Walking into my house, I wasn't expecting Sam to be home already. I glanced around the house, noticing that Emily wasn't home. Sam was in the kitchen, watching me as I took off my shoes. He looked as if he was trying to find the right words to say.

"What's with the matching tattoos, Sam?" I ask him as I place my school bag on the ground beside the door.

"I can't tell you that." Sam goes to walk out of the sliding back door.

"Why can't you tell me? Are you actually a cult leader?" I step forward.

"No.." Sam trails off.

"Than what's with the tattoos and the steroids?" I cross my arms, sighing.

"I can't tell you!" He turns around a look of anger on his face. I step back instinctively. I stay there for a moment, looking at him before walking up the stairs to my room. When I get to my room, I go directly to my closet, wanting to change out of my sweaty clothes and get into the shower. I just had a grueling soccer practice and now I was sweating like a pig. It was late at night and I just wanted to sleep.

I woke up to knocking on my door. I groan, rolling over and burying myself even farther in the warm covers.

"Reagan.." The door opens slowly but then shuts. I roll over again, noticing Sam was now in my room, he was holding something behind his back. I groan again and put the covers over my head. I feel the bed dip beside my torso. I flick the covers off my face.

"What do you want.?" I groan as I rub my eyes to try and stay awake. "It's.." I look at my alarm clock beside my bed. "Seven in the goddamn morning.."

"I..wanted to apologize." I look at Sam with a knowing look. "For snapping at you.." He looks conflicted. "I still can't tell you right now.." He goes to say something else but I cut him off.

"I get it, Sam. I'm sorry too for being annoying.." Sam softly smiles at me.

"You're my little sister, it's your job to be annoying, and my job is to protect you no matter what.." I roll my eyes. He chuckles at my reaction. "I actually came in here for another reason." Sam pulls out a velvet box from his pocket, farthest from me.

"Is that..?" A smile breaks out on my face even though it's really early in the morning and I was so rudely awakened.

"It is.." Sam's face breaks out into a huge smile as he opens the red velvet box.

"That ring is perfect, she'll love it." I smile at it as Sam closes the box.

"She always told me how she likes the simple things.." Sam trails off as a small smile broke out on his face.

"That's why she chose you." I laugh. His eyes widen before sarcastically laughing. He grabs a pillow from beside me. "I'll do it." He threatens as he holds the pillow above his head.

"Okay! I give!" I laugh. "So, what's the plan?" I ask him as he places the pillow beside me.

"I was just thinking breakfast.." He trails off looking at my bedroom door.