~SCARY~

It was an early autumn morning and a frosty chill hung in the air. The sweet surrendering scent of the morning dew filled the forest with a scent that did not belong on earth. Autumn leaves from the tall trees lay scattered on the forest floor; each of them turning brittle brown; there was a sound like dried cereal being crunched underfoot, pushing their papery remains deep into the soft soil. The dark shadows of the voluminous trees and the surrounding bushes had become the backbone of the forest, standing as passive protectors of a peaceful place. The autumn sun rose in a hurry as if trying to make up for setting too early the evening before, blooming into the pale sky with a warm mellow glow, sending what was left of the moon packing until its next shift guarding the night. By mid morning sky was a brilliant baby blue. As the morning developed the sound of young birds filled the air: chirping, tweeting and warbling incessantly.

The lake had been hardened by the sharp cold unforgivingness of an icy frost, the translucent water bound as a smooth solid. The wildlife were bold yet cautious of figuring out their new visitor, daring to get closer to have a look at the foreign creature disturbing their peace. As the day went on the forest came to life. The trees dance in the wind, the sound of running water in the stream had the same hypnotic quality as music luring animals in to have drink, to taste the warm sweet sensation of fresh water. The drone of insects humming and buzzing filled the air, little frogs croaked while searching for food hoping to catch an easy snack.

"Reags, slow down," Paul's voice erupted from behind me.

Sam, Paul, Jared, Embry and I were out patrolling. Ever since that vampire crossed over onto our territory, we've been doubling up on our patrols.

"Are we going to Jake's?" I question, stopping in my tracks. I watched as a grey squirrel hopped along in front of a tree. Paul stepped onto the log beside me, the squirrel panicked and climbed up the tree as if Paul was going to attack it. I let out a small laugh, making Paul glance over at me, his head cocked slightly to the side.

The leaves scud over the ground and take small flights into the air. As I toss my head back and raise my eyes to the sky a smile spreads from freckled cheek to cheek. The branches sway like the arms of a soccer crowd and it their chaotic dance they are hypnotically beautiful. My mind relaxes and I feel the happiness of my life bubble up from within. The light I keep inside begins to escape from my pores. Were it not for the passers by I would spin like a little girl again, arms out wide and fingers spread, but instead I keep my hands in my pockets and inhale deeply. This wind carries the fragrance of the woodland, the essence of my childhood days.

As we approached Jake's house through the clearing, I noticed Bella's run down, bright orange rust bucket of a truck. She was leaning up against it, her jacket practically smothered her. Damn, that girl was tiny.

She pushed herself off her truck, marching her way over to our group. Her face was scrunched up in a threatening way.

When she finally made it to us, she shoved Sam. I glanced between Jared and Embry. Jared's face was amused, looking as if he thought this situation was funny. Embry just looked confused at Bella's demeanor.

I stepped forward but Paul held me back subtly.

"What did you do to him?!" Bella questioned urgently. I rolled my eyes, this wasn't Sam's fault. "He didn't want this!"

"None of us wanted this, what did he tell you?" Paul looked Bella up and down as he stepped forward, his breaths going ragged.

"He tells me nothing because he's scared of you," Bella's voice cracked as she stepped back, most likely threatened by Paul. The four boys laughed at what Bella said.

Bella suddenly reaches up and slaps Paul across the face, making me step forward, baring my teeth.

"Bella, get back!" Sam warns as he and Embry try and hold Paul back.

Paul's breathing was erratic and just as Bella stepped back, Paul shifted. He slowly stepped towards Bella, his teeth bared.

"Bella!" Jake hopped over a railing as Bella stood there, her eyes wide with fear.

Moments later, Jake shifted. He was headed straight for Paul. Both of the wolves went at it, snarling and growling at each other.

"Look at what you did!" I sneered at Bella. "Can't you just mind your own business! Not everything is about you."

That was the breaking point of my patience. At that moment, I was blinded by a five-course serving of rage that tasted bitter, yet surprisingly satisfying. I reached out. I went to punch her in the face. But an arm stopped me. I felt Embry hold me back.

"Let me go!" I try to kick him but Embry's strength overwhelmed my own.

"Your boyfriend needs you," He lets me go, making me turn towards the forest where some trees were slanted. I sighed, before running towards the forest in an attempt to stop the two from murdering each other.

We were all back at Emily's, informing Bella why the hell two men just turned into wolves. Surprisingly, she was a lot calmer than I was. But, she's the one with the vampire boyfriend. I'm not in any place to judge, my boyfriend and I both turn into giant dogs at will so, there's that.

"Finally, there's someone just as explosive as Paul." Embry nods his head over to me. I was placed on Paul's lap, his arm draped lazily over my waist.

"Dude, she's scarier," Jared argues, shaking his head as he laughed.