~UNBELIEVABLE~

Everyone has that moment of terror at least once in their life. Everything around me seemed to change, time slowed down, my whole body went freezing cold as I shivered. I felt a hard hand on my chest, Embry pushing me out of the way as the huge wolf let out a loud snarl at no one in particular. What the hell just happened? Where did Paul go?

I opened my mouth to scream, but nothing would come out. My voice was gone, though I was trying to push it out as hard as I could. Either I blinked, or I passed out. But when I opened my eyes, the wolf was gone and so was Sam. Time was back at its normal pace, but my body was still in a moment of shock.

How did I get on the ground? I had to get home, I needed to get away. I needed Sam. I started to crawl, I had no idea where I was going but my hands gripped onto the sand like my mind was trying to grip onto consciousness. My lungs were burning, my heart pounding so hard that I thought it was going to explode. My eyes swelled with tears as my body continued to shake.

"Reagan," The voice came out of nowhere, so sudden that I jumped when I felt two hot hands on my waist.

I let out a scream, at least my voice was back. But when I looked over my shoulder, I saw that it was Embry looking at me with pure worry.

"Reagan, are you okay?"

"Hey, hurry up. We gotta get her out of here." Jared hissed as he paced in front of me.

I looked back at the forest, a distance away. Scott, Paul and, Sam were nowhere to be seen. It was as if they vanished in thin air.

I gripped onto Embry's arm, sobbing uncontrollably as I tried to breathe. I glanced around frantically, knowing that the wolf could come back at any moment and end all of our lives. "I can't...I gotta go.." I struggled to stand.

Embry helped me up but didn't let me go. "Reagan, no. Here." He gripped my arm tightly, leading me over to a huge rock.

I could hear Jared sigh with aggravation, pulling at his hair. "C'mon, we need to leave." He said slowly so that Embry could hear every word.

"Jared just shut the fuck up!" He yelled suddenly, I never heard Embry get so upset. "She's having a damn panic attack."

He rolled his eyes. "She's just freaked out. Let's take her ho-"

"No," Embry growled as he looked at me. "I know it's a panic attack, I've known her since we could walk. If we don't calm her down she could go unconscious and we would have to take her to the Cullens. Do you really want to make that trip, Jared?"

Jared only scoffed.

"Reagan, look at me."

I looked down into his dark eyes, my lungs burning even more as my eyes sat wide. I was shivering, shaking uncontrollably as my breathing became shallow and uneven.

"Are you cold?" He asked.

"I..." I started. "W-What was that?" My mind was racing, trying to figure out what was going on.

Embry glanced over his shoulder. "Just calm down, it's best we don't tell you until you calm down. We're going to take you home and then explain everything...okay?"