~OVER IT~

"They're dating, I can't believe they're dating!" I rant to Seth who was sitting beside me on one of the bar stool chairs. It was Friday after school, four days after Jennifer told me that she and Paul were officially a thing. I was so confused as to why I still gave a damn about it.

Millie's Coffee House was one of the more secluded spots in Forks yet, it was Seth and I's favorite place to hang out. It had a cute little rustic vibe and it was rare to see any teenagers here other than us. Jennifer didn't really like this place since apparently, this place isn't her scene. There were no cute boys that she could stare at. 

"They aren't dating" Seth sighed, taking a sip of his hot chocolate. "She just said that to make you feel better."

Seth always got a large hot chocolate with extra whipped cream, while I always got a large french vanilla with just a hint of caramel.

"How would that make me feel better?" I scoff, taking a sip of my own drink. "I'm already a mess because of Scott and the Embry thing. She can have him for all I care. He isn't mine." I shrug.

Normally after a stressful day, Seth and I would come here and sit at the bar against the window, watching the cars as they slowly went by. The little coffee house was such a small hole in the wall, barely any people were here. Seth and I were walking through the small town for something to eat and we decided to try it out.

"I'm so confused," I rubbed my forehead, trying to clear my head. "So much shit is going on, man."

Seth reached over and rubbed my back in a soothing motion, "I know, Reags. You just gotta stay strong."

Seth had always been there for me. Just like I was too him. He was my best friend, no matter what. Ever since the third grade we've been inseparable.

Sam never really liked or trusted my other two best friends, Embry or Jake even though we've practically grown up with each other. Kindergarten was a wild time with those two.

Seth and I met when he and his older sister, Leah moved to Forks during the middle of the school year. I was tasked to show him around. I never liked him up until I saw him getting his asked kicked by Evan Hudson, the little school bully who thought he was such a hotshot. I ended up having to kick little Evan's ass. Which resulted in a week-long suspension and a lifelong friend. Evan and his little bully friends tried to gang up on me but, Embry and Jake were there to help. It was a rivalry that lasted up until sixth grade, Evan moved later that year because he wanted a "better education". Which was a total lie, he was totally scared of us.

I sigh, pulling my hand away from my forehead, "I miss Scott," I rasped in anguish, pain most likely written on my face as tears clouded my vision. "When is this pain going to stop?"

I couldn't take it anymore. 

"Reagan, I'm so sorry," He pauses, taking a deep breath before continuing, "You have to move on, I hate to see you so upset," He holds out his arms for me, "Come here," He urges as I lean into his arms, letting his warmth consume my shivering body. I just felt cold, all the damn time. Sometimes, I would be too hot.

I didn't cry, I just felt numb. Numb from all the pain, confusion, heartbreak.

It was time to move on.

Now, as the sun is setting, the sky is becoming a pleasant purple color and the first few stars start to become visible, in a way which seems as though they are peeking around a corner, appearing slowly at first then slowly becoming brighter, a beacon of hope and happiness. The seagulls are starting to fly towards the last rays of the sun, off into the ocean. The waves are progressively creeping up onto the shore now and they reach out to graze the shoreline The warmth from the air is starting to be replaced by a chill.

I sat near the shore of the beach, taking in all the quiet as the soft sound of the water moving back and forth became more evident.

As time passes, the sky progressively becomes a black, seeming to look like a void. The seagulls are all but gone and now their cries are barely just a whisper. The wind is picking up strength and the deathly chill it brings seems to replace my spine with a large chunk of ice, freezing my entire body, my fur coat has given up in the fight having been outmatched by the ferocity of the wind. The waves are much larger now and they are now desperately reaching for my toes. The waves seem to be yelling at me, telling me that resistance is futile. I freeze on the spot as an amazingly large wave charges towards me. I wasn't scared, I knew that waves couldn't reach me from this far away yet, it still made my heart jump every time a wave could get even remotely close.

I loved the beach but, I always preferred it at night. No one was here, I was always alone with my thoughts.

"Well, if it isn't my baby girl," I snap my head to the side to the all familiar voice. I stood up, making my way over to the approaching figure.

Coming through the break in the forest was my presumed dead boyfriend.