Family

Sakura's P.O.V

'w....up....Wa...Up.... WAKE UP!!!'

I sat up a from a rather uncomfortable bed, sweat running down my forehead.

A ringing in my ears started as I tried looking around in the blurry brightened room that smelled of disinfectants.

I covered my ears and shut my eyes, everything was so hard to process. It was hard to breath, and even more difficult to get used to the lighting in the room.

'w...who was that?'  I thought to myself. I have never heard that voice in the years I have been here. Finally, the ringing in my ears started to lessen and my eyes start becoming used to the lights above me.

I couldn't stop the twitching in my hands and legs, the stress and trauma that my body was still trying to recover from all this war.

I shut my eyes once again as I felt tears come up to my eyes.

'why can't this war stop'  My head shot up at the small desperate voice. Looking around I figured it was the small child that was crying in my head. My 'Inner'

'This war is over'  I replied in my head as I swung my legs to the right, hanging over the bed. Back facing the doors.

Around my surroundings was a table with flowers in a vase, along with a chair next to it. My clothes sitting on that chair.

I slowly let myself off the bed, cursing at my height. Walking towards the chair, I look at the clothes left for me. A plain black shirt with equally black shorts, at least the color of the material was the same. I slowly changed into the clothes.

'But we- I said its over' My eyes hardened as she tried to argue with me, yes this war was over. There was nothing to worry about. My body told me otherwise.

As soon as there was a rush of footsteps in into the room, at an inhuman speed I broke the vas with flowers.

Water spilled on the ground, having the person in a choke hold with the sharp pieces of glass in hand to use as a weapon.

"Who are you? What are you doing here?" I asked but was surprised when my voice sounded like a croaking frog. 

"S-Sister?" I looked in front of me, not noticing my younger brother. Itachi.

I broke out of my trance as I looked at the person I was holding, a little shorter than me. Shisui.

"I-I" dropping my weapon I felt it hard to breath again. Shisui looked at Sakura with sadness while Itachi looked fearful but worried as I fell to the ground.

3rd P.O.V.

Sakura fell to the ground, gasping for air. As scared as he was with how Sakura acted, Itachi tried running up to Sakura. Shisui stopped him, trying to hold him back as he thrashed in his arms.

"What are you doing?! Let me go to my sister!!" Shisui was stunned at Itachi who raised his voice. That second gave little Itachi a chance to get out of his hold. Shisui watched, not knowing what to do, Sakura recently just coming back from a war had an attack.

Itachi went over hugging his sister, not knowing what to do. Sakura held herself, closing her eyes and holding her head. As much as she wanted to say it was all in her head and she was overreacting her body couldn't handle it. It was not like in her past life.

Scrunching up her pale black hair, she felt a hand try to get her hand to loosen from yanking out her hair. A hand smaller than her own. After selfishly gasping for air she started to take deeper breaths.

Part of the way she reacted was because of how her inner and her conflicted. While she was years ahead of herself, inner was still a child trying to process all that trauma. It was never easy to overcome trauma, much less for a child.

Sakura looked at the person who was trying to calm her down, of course its her adorable little brother who now had tears in his eyes. 

Feeling a pang in her chest she was able to calm down and put her hands down. Her arms wrapped around the shocked Itachi. She was the older one, she shouldn't be making him react like this.

At this time everyone else started to appear. Worried looks took over the faces of her mother and father.

They all believed it was a lovely sight of a brother hugging his older sister. Almost looked like she was comforting him instead.

Shisui let a shaky breath out. He dropped off some Mitarashi dango that he bought earlier and left. He thought it was best he let the family have their time with her as much as he wanted to talk to her and help her, he knew now was not the time.

Sakura got up from the floor, noticing that Shisui was leaving. She felt guilty for attacking him. No matter how much he annoyed her.

"Shisui" Sakura whispered. He turned back at her, shocked that she would talk to him.

"Thank you" A slight grin made its way up to her face. Her face hurting from making any expression after a while. She untangled Itachi's hair as she saw Shisui become flustered and run out. Not missing the tear that slid down his cheek.

Sighing she began looking at her family that now rushed towards her.

Hugs and laughs were heard in the hospital. Sakura was able to hold baby Sasuke who looked at her confused. He felt the same aura as the one that talked to him, well not that he could think that, but he couldn't process it was the human he was looking at now.

Sasuke gripped her pinky not wanting to let go of the familiar warmth when Mikoto took him away. A whine erupted from his mouth when they were able to successfully get him to let go.

Mikoto smiled "It seems that little Sasuke likes his brother and sister a lot more than his parents" Sakura giggled, well...tried. Her voice still wasn't used to talking too normally yet.

Suddenly a doctor came into the room, they hadn't heard the knock.

"I'm sorry to interrupt the reunion, but visiting hours are up" A surprised look came over the family when they looked to see it was dark.

Everyone gave Sakura a hug, not wanting to leave her alone but knew she needed rest.

A sigh escaped Sakuras'  mouth as she glanced to the side. "you can come out now" a chuckle came out of his mouth.

"You know Sakura, even though you're awake and finished with the war it seems you never relax" A smirk came up her face but she absolutely dreaded this visit.

"Yes...I know. Kakashi"