Chapter 1

Narrators POV:
   In a castle, a baby lays asleep in her mother's arms. The child, Medusa, has yet to open her eyes. The mother is humming softly, content with her child in her arms. Medusa slowly opens her eyes looking everywhere but her mother. The mother is shocked her child's eyes are red and black. The child looks upon her mother meeting her gaze.
   A while later, guards rush in, as they do they see a child crying in the arms of a stone statue. The guards don't delay as they continue on with the reason for their intrusion. Snakes, with red and black eyes had escaped their enclosure. The snakes were being tested on and used. They were trying to free themselves. The snakes though were quite powerful. The guards were no match for their strength. The guards efforts were useless so they turned their attention to the child. One of the guards goes to pick up and comfort the crying child. But, as his eyes meet Medusa's, he turns to stone. The rest of the guards were angry and all they wanted to to was kill the still crying child.
    But the snakes had been watching and they had looked into the child's eyes and knew they had already fallen for the girl. They rushed to protect Medusa. They broke limbs and stopped hearts. All while surrounding Medusa, shielding her from harm. Soon after killing all the guards, they carried Medusa out of the castle and didn't stop until they reached an abandoned cave deep into the forest.
    Medusa had stopped crying and was now grabbing and petting the snakes who had placed themselves on top of Medusa's head. The snakes were happy. They already loved this little girl.
    They cared for her and taught her to be strong. But the one thing they couldn't teach her was the story behind her eyes. Many men had tried to come and kill her and the snakes, but all had failed or more like turned to stone. All had been frozen in place, becoming a constant reminder of Medusa's eyes.
    Medusa hated her eyes and what they did to people. She was sick of not having anyone to look at. She yearned for love. She wanted someone who could look her in the eyes and see her for what she really is and not a monster. But alas, every time she looked someone in the eyes, they turn to stone.