Chapter 12

Lena POV~
        My head felt heavy and my hair felt coarse from the dried blood. I don't know what's going on. The not knowing is what is really killing me, not this throbbing head wound. I lifted my hands, which were bound by shackles of some kind, up to my head to remove whatever was covering it. I felt the fine soft texture of the cotton blanking me. I moved my hand around to take it off and pulled.

        I let it drop to the floor. I moved my hands back and forth on the ground searching for whatever was tying my to the ground. My hands glided across the rough wooden floor before bumping into someone. "Medusa?!" I spoke frantically. I shook the body hoping and praying that whoever they were, they were alive. The body groaned as they slowly rolled towards me. I let out a breath of relief. They were alive. I moved my hands up their body to their head to help remove the hood.

        "Medusa? Is that you?" I questioned hopefully. They person took a couple seconds before responding, likely adjusting to the overload of information and pain they are taking in. "Yes, love. It's me. I'm okay." Medusa said calmly as she pulled me to her chest. I gripped on to her as I mumbled words of thanks into her shirt.

        "I'm glad you two are awake." A deep voice suddenly stated making us both jump. I was immediately pulled behind Medusa in what was an obvious act of protectiveness over me. I mentally grinned at the thought. "Just in time. We're almost there." The man told us matter of factly as if this was common knowledge as to where we were going. As if she read my mind, Medusa asked where exactly we were going. We both held our breath as we waited for an answer.

"To meet the King of course."
——
I really am just a sucker for cliffhangers.
Don't worry I won't keep you waiting for long. I'll update soon enough

Instagram: @lizziepetrich
Please contact me there if you have any questions or comments!!

Hope y'all have a great day!!