Chapter 13

Medusa~

    My feet felt heavy as I dragged them along the floor. The sound of the shackles banging against each other echoed fiercely throughout the hall. My body swayed from the after affects of the head blow. I stumbled along the halls, being pushed and pulled whenever I strayed from their desired path.

    The bag they placed over my head only allowed me to see a sliver of the floor. It allowed me to see where I was stepping and nothing further. It was hard to even think about where they were bringing me but that didn't matter. The only thought that was running through my mind was, "Where is Lena?" The thought occupied my mind that I didn't notice that we had stopped.

    Suddenly, I felt the harsh blow of what would cause yet another excruciating headache.

    I awoke locked in a cell in what I'm assuming is the King's dungeon. The snakes laid limpy across my shoulders in a corpse like fashion. Fortunately, they aren't dead. Without my snakes I am as human as everyone else. I am useless.

    I sat there for hours praying that Lena was safe before I heard the jangeling of keys. I dare not move. The footsteps got louder and nearer before they stopped right in front of me. I took my time moving my head to see whoever came to visit. That was when I noticed the obvious differences between the man and the guards who have been here since I woke up.

    The man in front of me is the king.

    I scrambled to my feet and launched myself at the bars. "WHERE IS SHE?!" I screamed. "WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER?!" I snarled at him, fuming. I would kill him if he even thought of doing anything to her. He only laughed at me. "I have done nothing to her. Yet." He added dangerously. "What do you mean, yet?" I questioned. "Well, She conspired against me. She went against the King. Obviously, she will be killed for the whole town to see. And you will watch as I light her on fire." He smiled.

I let out a blood curdling scream as my heart plummeted down to my feet. No. This couldn't be happening. "This is what happens to people who help Monsters." He spat with disgust evident in his eyes. "I saved a space for your head on my wall. I have been waiting a long time to finally see it there." He smiled.

    I dropped to my knees unable to process this news. He was going to kill her. And I could do nothing about it.
——
I have nothing to say except, Stream "Dynamite" by BTS.
Have a good day!!
Instagram: @lizziepetrich
DM's are always open for any reason :)