Time of the Imprints

I was leaning against Jared's truck waiting for him to drive us back to Emily's. Quil seemed to be my main focus ever since I imprinted on him. I couldn't focus on English because every time I would start to take notes I would just end up writing Quil's name. And I couldn't focus in math because he sat two rows in front of me, leaving me to fantasize about running my hands through his dark, curly hair.

As I was waiting outside, I saw Jared walk out the doors with Kim. I saw Kim laughing at something Jared had said, and I smiled to myself. It wouldn't do any harm if I listened into their conversation, right?

"Your lying," Kim said with a surprised face, putting her hand over her mouth.

"it's true! The first time I rode a bike I went straight into a river," he said while laughing. I let out a small chuckle when I heard that. I would have to ask him about that later.

"I can't believe that," Kim said, starting to laugh historically.

"Well, believe it," Jared said, looking down at Kim with a small smile. He slowly grabbed the hand closest to him, making Kim blush. I was internally screaming, my best friend and Jared! I saw them getting closer so I had to pretend not to listen, so I just grabbed my English book, Macbeth, and 'read' it. "I was wondering if maybe you'd, um, want to hang out sometime, possibly?" I've never heard Jared so nervous, although I have only known him for a week.

"Yeah I'd like that," Kim said, before turning her attention to me, "Hey Mia!"

I pretended to look surprised when I saw her and put a cheery smile on my face, "Hey Kim!" I said as I brought her into a hug. I smirked at Jared behind her back, and he just gave me a confused look.

"I haven't seen you all day, where have you been?" She asked me while pulling away.

"Just walking around. But I've noticed you've made a knew friend?" I questioned with a raised eyebrow.

"Shut up," she whispered while blushing and hitting my shoulder. Although it did no damage.

"Just stating what I see," I whispered back.

"Whatever, I have to go or else my mom will start calling," she said as she hugged me, before turning to Jared, "I'll text you later?"

"Yeah, sure," he said with a giant smile.

"Bye," she said with a small wave, which Jared returned as she walked away. She was a good 30 feet away when he stopped looking at her, to which he was met with my smirking face, he gave me a confused look, "what?"

"Did you drown in that river?" I questioned as I walked to the other side of his truck. His eyes bugged out.

"What? How did you—"

"Enhanced hearing, get used to it buddy," I said as I opened the door.  He mumbled what sounded to be a "stupid wolf powers" before getting in the truck himself and driving out of the school lot.

••••••••••

"Hey Emily," Jared and I said as we walked through the door and dropped our bags in the corner of the room. Jared immediately took off his muscle tee, leaving him in a pair of shorts. I had been wearing a pair of Jean shorts with a tank, so I wasn't overly hot.

"Hey guys, how was your first day back Jared," she said as she placed a bowl of spaghetti in front of us. We both took giant servings before we dug in.

"It was good," Jared said, making me look at him in disbelief.

"That's it?" I questioned.

"What?"