New Addition

When I got back from my date the other night, I wasn't pounded with questions like I expected. Instead, I was informed that there was a leech that was running around our land. It wasn't the Cullens, It was apparently a nomad just running through. However, Sam being Sam, Sam put me and Jared on extra patrols for the next few weeks. Which meant me and Jared from 4-12 and Sam 12-6. He claimed that we would still be able to be well rested and good for school, but he was wrong. This Wednesday morning I was barely able to keep my eyes open during the first three periods. Kim, my best friend ever, took notes for me so I could sleep during class. She questioned why I've been so tired the last few days, and I just told her that I've been having trouble sleeping. I wasn't my job to tell her everything, it was Jared's. After all, she was his imprint.

Thank god it was now lunch time, I would be able to sleep without worry about missing anything. However, that was erased when my stomach growled and I realized if I didn't eat now I would have to wait till midnight. So, I grabbed a tray with a burger and fries and plopped down next to Jared. I immediately started to scoff down my food, earning a laugh from Jared.

"What?"

"Looks like someone's hungry," Jared teased.

"Look who's talking," I smirked, pointing to his tray that consisted of a burger, fries, 2 cookies, and a small coke.

"Whatever," he rolled his eyes at me. He was about to make a snarky comeback, when suddenly he seemed to tense looking at something behind me.

"What, what's wrong," I asked. If it was a vampire I would've smelled it. And the only thing I could smell was sweaty gym boys.

"Looks like we're gonna have a new friend soon," he muttered, not taking his eyes off of the person behind me. I furrowed my eyebrows as I turned in my seat to look at the person who was behind me. My eyes bugged out when I saw Paul Lahote walk through the door. He was the known man whore of the school with definite anger issues. He got huge, like really huge. His muscles basically didn't fit in his clothes anymore. I turned back to Jared quickly.

"We need to tell Sam," I said to him with urgent in my voice.

"We can't tell him right now, we're in school," he said, making me sigh in realization. "Besides, what's the big deal?"

"What's the big deal?" I whisper yelled. He looked at me in annoyance. I sighed, and softened my tone. "How long has it been since you phased?"

"About two weeks."

"And how long has it been since I phased?"

"Like three?"

"Exactly!"

"Mia, I don't get your point," Jared said. I rolled my eyes at how oblivious he was.

"We're all phasing so close to one another. That means that there's more leeches then just the Cullens," I said, exasperated at this point.

"Now I see your point," he said in realization.

"No! Really?" I said sarcastically.

••••••••••

"Do you know the reason Jared asked me to the bonfire this Friday?" Kim asked me as we walked out of school. I knew he invited her to tell her about the legends, but I couldn't tell her that.

"I have no idea honestly," I lied as we weaved our way through the crowd of students standing by their cars.

"You've been to them before right?" She asked, I nodded. "And don't they tell the legends of the tribe that are secret?"