The Date

For the rest of the week, all I've been thinking about is the date. Jared had kept bugging me about it on patrol, saying I was "overthinking it" or "obsessing over it." Which I replied to by saying that how he was with Kim. That made him shut up quick. Speaking of Jared and Kim, they have been hanging out a lot lately. They even went on a date, to which I learned Jared kissed her on the cheek. She hasn't shut up about it since. Me and Quil have been talking all week, getting to know each other more before our date. He was really sweet and funny, he always made me laugh. Even at the little things. I was starting to slowly fantasize about him, when Kim brought me out of my thoughts.

"Mia, stop thinking about him, you'll see him on your date," she said as she held up dresses, "and you'll miss it if you don't stop. You only have and hour and a half!"

I laughed at her, putting away the dresses, "and I told you that we both decided it was casual. And that we weren't swimming so I don't need a bathing suit."

"Ugh," she let out as I pulled out my shorts and nice blouse, "how are you even going to where that. I know it's still September, but it's La Push. It's, like, 50 degrees out."

I avoided her question by looking at me make up. It was hard at times keeping this from her, but she would find out soon from Jared. "Help me with my make up?"

"Um, of coarse!" She squealed as she jumped onto my bed, "What Look would you like? Rebel? Girly? Colors?"

"I'll just stick with naturals," I said while giggling at her excitement.

By the time Kim was finished, it was a half an hour before Quil was going to pick me up. She did amazing with my makeup. Not too noticeable and natural. She was upset that she had to leave for movie night with her family and miss Quil's reaction, but I promised her I would tell her everything after. I was walking down the stairs to see Jared, Sam, and Emily sitting at the table.

"Oh god, you not gonna do the protective dad speech, are you?" I questioned as I sat down at the table.

"Nope, we figured you had yourself covered," Sam replied, making me raise and eyebrow.

"Ya know, being a wolf and all," Jared said, making me laugh. I heard a car pull into the dirt road, making me smile and bounce towards the door.

"See ya later!" I yelled as I walked out the door and closed it. I saw while standing there in a pair of jean shorts and a blue tee shirt. I smirked to myself, I told Kim it was casual.

"Hey," He said as he brought into a hug. I frowned when he let go, but quickly covered it up.

"Hey," I said as I walked to the other side of the truck.

"Ready for the beach? I have a little surprise for when we get there," he said as we hopped into his car.

"What is it," I asked as we started down the road. He smirked, not taking his eyes off the dirt road.

"Now, it wouldn't be a surprise if I told you, would it?" He said as we made it onto the actual road.

"I guess it wouldn't be. But, I'm not a big fan of surprises," I told him, making him laugh.

"Believe me, you'll love it."

"I'll hold you to that, Quil."

••••••••••

"Holy shit, I did not expect this," I said shocked. Quil had set up a picnic table surrounded with candles and lights. There were two plates that had chicken parm with spaghetti on it. I was to busy staring at the surroundings to notice Quil standing nervously next to me.

"So, Uh, do you like it?" He asked, scratching the back of his neck.

"Are you kidding me," I scoffed at him, "this is amazing."

He smiled before walking over and pulling out the chair for me. I muttered a quick thank you as I sat down. He sat down across from me and shot me his award winning smile.

"So, how did you plan all of this?" I questioned as I started to dig into my food.

"My Grandparents actually helped me," He said while laughing, "My grandpa actually seemed pretty excited when I told him about this."

Of coarse Old Quil had to do with this. Instead of mentioning that, I just laughed along with Quil, starting our little date on the beach.

••••••••••

"I really had an amazing night," I said as I walked back into the porch. It was seven o'clock now. Me and Quil has spent the last four hours just learning about each other. We walked on beach for a while, not even talking, just enjoying each other's company.

"Me too," he said as I reached the stairs that led the front door, "see you Monday."

"See you Monday," I said hugging him. As he turned around I decided to make the stupid decision and grab his hand, "Quil?"

"Yeah," he questioned turning to me. I gave him a kiss on the cheek. He blushed.

"I had a really great time," I said. He just smiled at me and walked to his car. I didn't go inside until I saw his car drive out of my view. I sighed, turning to walk into my house.

I was definitely not prepared to talk to my pack brothers about this.