Pain

"Italy?" I questioned Jacob, sitting on the arm of the couch with the rest of the pack. Apparently, the pixie like Cullen was at Bella's house when Jake drove her home last night. While Jake was there he answered the phone with Edward on the other end. Jacob had informed Edward that Charlie was planning a funeral and he assumed it was for Bella. Ironic. Being the sappy person he is he decided he would kill himself, which meant Bella went off to Italy to save him.

"She should have left him," Paul argued. "It would've made our lives a lot easier," Jared added. Jake just rolled his eyes, even though we could tell he was thinking the same thing. "Well, when's she coming back?" Embry asked with a quirked eyebrow.

"More like who's she coming back with," I said, bringing up the thought in everyone's head. We knew that Bella would come back, but would the Cullens follow? Everyone shared a blank look before turning to Sam.

"There is a good chance the Cullens will come back. We will have to deal with it, along with the fact more people will possibly phase. The treaty will also be in effect again, which means we can no longer go on their territory anymore," Sam explained surprisingly calm.

"But what if Bella comes back...different?" Jared asked, making Jacob go stiff. "What do you mean 'different'?" I asked him. "Like cold blooded," Paul nodded towards Jared, clearing up my confusion. We all to Sam, waiting for an answer. He seemed to be thinking things over.

"Technically, technically, she would of changed while not on our land. But, it also counts as biting a human, so it really depends on how you look at it," I explained for the pack. Sam seemed to give me a proud smile before standing, bringing all the attention to him. "She's right, it all depends. We'll decide when it happens," Sam concluded before walking over to Emily, leaving the rest of the pack thinking about what could happen next.

••••••••••

Pack dinners were usually a calm thing. Sometime where we could all wind down after patrol and worry about less important stuff, like school. Or where we could just make jokes and play games around a bonfire. That's what we had planned on today. But, of coarse, nothing goes as planned. Especially when hearing angry Jake outside.

"What's going on?" Sam asked as we all jumped off the front porch, wondering why he was pacing back and forth. "They're back, all of them." I wasn't exactly sure how to describe my anger at that point. I couldn't believe that those leeches dared to step foot in forks after the damage they have done.

"You have got to be kidding me!" Paul shouted, his anger reaching the same point as mine. "Why are they back?!" Jared asked, annoyed. "They don't deserve to be here!" Embry agreed with the rest of his pack. "Is Bella back too?" I questioned, not caring about the bitterness in my tone.

"Yeah."

"Is she still human?" Sam asked.

"Not for long."

"What do you mean 'not for long'?" I asked narrowing my eyes at the boy. "What I mean is they're changing her." Jacob said, equally as pissed as me. "Did she mention when she would be changed?" Sam inquires. "Just that Cullen would be doing it," Jacob told the pack.

"That violates the treaty," I snapped. "You think I don't know that? You think I didn't try to stop her?" He questioned, getting closer to me. I uncrossed my arms, newfound anger growing inside of me. "It's not like I didn't warn her."

"It doesn't matter now, she's a Cullen," I said stepping closer to him, the pack getting ready to step in.

"You know you can't harm her."

"They violated the treaty."

"What's that supposed to mean? It's her choice," Jake stated.

"And you told her what you would have to do, right?" He stayed quiet, "She knows what we will do to her, and she still didn't change her mind. She's not going to ever change her mind, get that through your head! She likes the leech, not you! So stop chasing after her!"