Chapter 48: Coca Leaf

"We'll depart from the airport in three hours. Do you have anything to buy or anywhere to go?" Chaeyoung asks raising his voice as the said girl is in the kitchen, making some drinks while he busies himself in the living room. The guy is packing Mina's books in boxes neatly arrange it against the wall.

Mina appears with hot cocoa served on a bare silver tray. He sits it on the table before she brings a cup to Chaeyoung. She hands it to the cub that is kneeling on one knee and has his right arm rests across the other. Chaeyoung looks up and stands, brushing off the imaginary dust on his hand before he takes the cup.

"Thanks"

Mina nods to the remarks and watches the guy finishing it, smiling sheepishly as he compliments her for the taste. She slowly examines his feature while Chaeyoung keeps suggesting places to go before they fly back to Seoul, not realizing the girl isn't listening at all.

She smiles softly at the guy before her, reclined a slim, muscular young man but have an innocent and pure babyface. A full firm lips, prominent cheekbones, and a well-defined chin and nose. His black brows are actually graceful but currently furrowed in a frown and are framed by the thick, warm auburn fridge.

"Mina?"

The latter looks up to him, and the eyes that stared back are wide almond-shaped with brown orbs---it melts into golden rays, circling an eclipse whenever the sunlight hit. But that isn't the reason she is captivated by his eyes, it's beautiful because of the words they hold within them. And she knows exactly what it says.

Mina closes the gap and wraps her arms around his waist. Chaeyoung left speechless and awestruck because of the sudden move. He finally brings himself to reality and smile as he places his arms around her shoulder, drawing her closer. Mina lay her head against his warm, hard chest and breathes in his smell.

"Hug time?" He asks in an almost inaudible voice while giving her hair a gentle fluff. She nods her head, feeling her body press in the warm and protective embrace of his.

What is it that holding me back?
"Let's go nowhere and, umm just..stay like this," She says. Her voice sounded smoother and softer as the words come as slowly as ever.

"For three hours? Standing? My legs will cry in pain" He jokes as he slowly pulls away. Staring into her before he guides her to the couch and lies on his back, taping the empty space and gestures the girl to follows. Mina does as what he instructed, facing his side as she rests her head on his chest, hand around his waist and snuggles closer. "Take a nap, I'll wake you up later" Chaeyoung raise himself and glance at the girl when he receives no response, smile as Mina already has her eyes shut. He uses his arms as a pillow while the other caressing Mina's hair.

"Chaeyoungie"

He arcs an eyebrow and hums as the girl calls out for him.

"I..like you. I really do"

Chaeyoung stop brushing her hair, for a moment his heart tells him a funny joke but he knows better, better than anyone that it just an empty word. Words we said countless times, may it to our friend or family even stranger, without any deep meaning to it.

"I know" Isn't it always like that.

*  *  *  *

The flight land an hour and a quarter after taking off. During their free time, Mina and Chaeyoung are both dedicated to their hobbies and interest, it seems like they might as well be alone for the way they put a huge amount of concentration to their work, but inside the private jet where they sit across each other, both will avert their attention once in a while to glance to the person in front of them. When their eyes met, they shared a small smile then shift their eyes back to their work; Mina with her knitting while Chaeyoung doing his assignment.