Chapter 53: Perfect Family

Mina's chocolate brown eyes open and close from the light of the sun and Chaeyoung who has been watching her sort of smile. Mina stares at him in blinking, her eyelashes brushing against his cheek. Mina nuzzles into his shoulder, her dark brown hair inches from his nose. Chaeyoung could smell his scent, Minalike smell, which is too good for words. He smiles huge and big, cradling her to his chest. After a good last nap, Mina finally sits up while he mirroring her action as she stretches her arms above her heads and yawn.

Chaeyoung moves to her back and ties her hair in a low ponytail. He then places his chin on her shoulder while Mina sinks into him, leaning against his solid body. They just return to their house after spending times with the Myoui, and now it just them. "What do you want for breakfast?" Chaeyoung asks.

"Anything" The guy smiles from the simplicity of her answer then nod. "I'll bring the food later, you don't have to go downstairs" He assures and starts to walks away but stop when Mina tugs his shirt.

"Don't leave me" She mutters. Chaeyoung fight the urge of smiling due to her cuteness. Who can resist that pout? Definitely not him. Thus he walks her to the kitchen and let the girl settle down on the dining table while he prepares breakfast for them. Chaeyoung rolls his sleeve and starts doing the works. Minutes pass with Mina watching him, chin resting in his hand. "Now, I remember, I've never been to a dance floor before. Have you?" She swings her feet to the countertop and stands in front of him separated by the counter.

Chaeyoung stops chopping the vegetables and raises his head. Now he thinks about it, Mina had her ankle injured around the day of their High School graduation, so they didn't join the ballroom dance but played with lego instead. He makes a beeline to her side while her gaze follows him. Chaeyoung takes a few steps backwards and smiles. He held his hand out, bending over in a half-bow "Would you do me the great honour of a dance, Princess"

For a moment, Mina's face leaves dumbfounded. It's then a second after that, she takes notice of the sudden change of speaking usage. She giggles and holds her laugh as the guy wriggle his brow, smirking to her. Wordlessly, Mina put her hand in his and allows him to kiss the back of her palm "If a gentleman asks me to dance, I have no choice but to accept," Mina smirks, playing her role.

Those childish smile not once leaves Chaeyoung's feature as he walks over and stands before the 'princess', gently pull her to her feet and places his hand around her waist. He never has a dance class, different than her who spent half of her life dancing gracefully, practising the art of classical ballet. But he and his mates have jived to music since their early teens, competing in the friendly way boys do to "up" one another.

With his hand rested in the curve of her waist and her arms around his neck, the 'prince' and the 'princess' glide from place to place with a slow and steady step. Compared to the 'princess', the 'prince' movement is obviously stiffer and clumsier but none of it really matter.

Far from Mina's fantasy as a child where she dances with a prince in a fairy tale world. Wherein the magnificent decoration of ballroom---crystal chandeliers spiral down from the arching sky---blue ceiling, illuminating the glimmering golden walls and a floor so polished it looks like an iced-over lake, surrounded with artworks hanging on the wall. The wafts smell of rose and jasmine filling the dance floor. And finally the prince with his red cloak on top the tunic, decorated with gold lacing and jewel while she wears a long silky gown. Then they waltz gaily to the music provided by a small orchestra.

Everyone knows the scene. And probably at least once dreaming of it. It's romantic and classy, and a complete contrast than the scene she's in right now. Where she twirls and dance in the dining room with no immense branched ornamental light on the ceiling but a simple warm white LED lights. Instead of a sweet floral scent, the rich aroma of the dish Chaeyoung is cooking lingers the air and by the smell of it---a tomato basil sauce, cheese parmesan, flour, and eggs---she knows he's making homemade pasta. While the music is a gentle swish from the dishwasher and the efficient hum of the refrigerator.